    PhAnTOmaS Guest

    wich of this lens got "better" quality?
    will be mount in a 30d

    PhAnTOmaS, May 18, 2006

  2. PhAnTOmaS

    [BnH] Guest

    Haven't test any Tokina 28-70 on a Canon body , but the Sigma 24-70 [non DG]
    is bang for buck compared to the Canon 24-70 L. Filter size is a bit of
    problem tho :)
    For Nikon body, I can say the Tokina is much sharper.

    [BnH], May 19, 2006

  3. PhAnTOmaS

    Pat Guest

    It is probably hard to find many people who have both of those lenses,
    so you might have to compare them in a photo shop.

    I have the Tokina SV Pro. Great lens and funky autofocus override
    clutch system, but I have no idea whether it is better or worse than
    the Sigma

    Pat, May 19, 2006
  4. PhAnTOmaS

    Charles Guest

    On Fri, 19 May 2006 10:05:57 +1000, "[BnH]" <b18[at]ii[dot]net> wrote:

    >Haven't test any Tokina 28-70 on a Canon body , but the Sigma 24-70 [non DG]
    >is bang for buck compared to the Canon 24-70 L. Filter size is a bit of
    >problem tho :)
    >For Nikon body, I can say the Tokina is much sharper.

    This made me wonder, is there a reason that the lenses would perform
    differently on different bodies?

    Charles, May 19, 2006
  5. PhAnTOmaS

    [BnH] Guest

    Sensor and image processing algorithm.
    I put my Nikkor ED glass recently to my Olympus E-1 , and they are much
    better with the Oly sensor.

    [BnH], May 19, 2006
  6. PhAnTOmaS

    Charles Guest

    On Sat, 20 May 2006 02:53:39 +1000, "[BnH]" <b18[at]ii[dot]net> wrote:

    >Sensor and image processing algorithm.
    >I put my Nikkor ED glass recently to my Olympus E-1 , and they are much
    >better with the Oly sensor.

    Weird. Thanks, I would have never thought of that.

    Charles, May 19, 2006