    Pipo Guest

    What do you think about this lense?
    Thanks

    Pipo, Dec 20, 2003

  2. Pipo

    R2D2 Guest

    "Pipo" <> wrote in news:H%TEb.262$:

    > What do you think about this lense?
    > Thanks

    It sucks, totally.

    R2D2, Dec 20, 2003

  3. Pipo

    PlaneGuy Guest

    Have you actually used the lens? Have you ever actually seen one?

    I haven't, however had read some reports about it on dpreview and
    elsewhere.(Image) quality seems to be about on-par with the Canon EF-S lens,
    in that it is not the sharpest lens in the world, and it does exhibit some
    CA on DSLRs, and it has significant vignetting on a 1.3x crop camera (though
    not on a 1.5 or 1.6x camera).

    PlaneGuy, Dec 20, 2003
  4. Pipo

    Mark B. Guest

    Mark B., Dec 20, 2003
  5. Pipo

    R2D2 Guest

    "PlaneGuy" <> wrote in

    > Have you actually used the lens?

    Yes.

    Have you ever actually seen one?

    Generally if a person has used a lens, they are given the opportunity to
    see it.

    > I haven't, however had read some reports about it on dpreview and
    > elsewhere.(Image) quality seems to be about on-par with the Canon EF-S
    > lens, in that it is not the sharpest lens in the world, and it does
    > exhibit some CA on DSLRs, and it has significant vignetting on a 1.3x
    > crop camera (though not on a 1.5 or 1.6x camera).

    It is a piece of plexi-crap.

    R2D2, Dec 20, 2003
  6. Pipo

    Mark B. Guest

    "PlaneGuy" <> wrote in message
    > Have you actually used the lens? Have you ever actually seen one?
    >
    > I haven't, however had read some reports about it on dpreview and
    > elsewhere.(Image) quality seems to be about on-par with the Canon EF-S

    lens,
    > in that it is not the sharpest lens in the world, and it does exhibit some
    > CA on DSLRs, and it has significant vignetting on a 1.3x crop camera

    (though
    > not on a 1.5 or 1.6x camera).

    That's because it was designed for1.5x and smaller crop digi-SLRs. Same
    idea as Canon's EF-S lens that's kitted with the Rebel, but it will work on
    standard EOS EF mounts (in addition to Sigma having additional mounts
    available).

    Mark

    Mark B., Dec 20, 2003