    dark corners. Still, It might be an interesting effect.

    Cheers
    Mike
    Michael Beacom, May 15, 2005

  2. Michael Beacom napisa³(a):
    > Does anyone have any experience with the Sigma 18-50 mm f/3.5-5.6 DC?
    > I'll be using it with Canon 10D.
    > I'm more interested in bang for the buck, than ultimate performance.

    Yeah I can see. Geeee You've got 10d and want to arm it withs this weak
    lens. Ohhh common...

    There are many opinions on the web. From what I know you can get a
    better version or worse version. It's a kind of lottery(like for
    instance in Tamron 28-75/2.8). As far as I am concerned it's preforming
    slightly better than kit at the end. If you have kit lens 18-55 just
    forget about buying it.

    Regards,
    rogus
    Marek M. \rogus\, May 15, 2005

  3. Michael Beacom

    Marius Guest

    Marius, May 15, 2005
  4. Michael Beacom

    Bill Tuthill Guest

    "Marek M. \"rogus\"" <> wrote:

    > There are many opinions on the web. From what I know you can get a
    > better version or worse version. It's a kind of lottery(like for
    > instance in Tamron 28-75/2.8). As far as I am concerned it's preforming
    > slightly better than kit at the end. If you have kit lens 18-55 just
    > forget about buying it.

    Unlike Sigma, where it's difficult to keep returning bad samples
    until you get a good one, brick-and-mortar camera stores will usually
    work with you until you're satisfied with a Tamron or Tokina lens.
    Bill Tuthill, May 16, 2005
  5. In article <>, Bill Tuthill <> wrote:

    > "Marek M. \"rogus\"" <> wrote:
    > >
    > > There are many opinions on the web. From what I know you can get a
    > > better version or worse version. It's a kind of lottery(like for
    > > instance in Tamron 28-75/2.8). As far as I am concerned it's preforming
    > > slightly better than kit at the end. If you have kit lens 18-55 just
    > > forget about buying it.

    Well- I stopped by the local camera store yesterday, and found a used
    Tamron 19-35/3.5-4.5 lens for $110. So I took a chance and bought it.
    The first few pictures look good- I think it's a keeper.

    Thanks-
    Mike
    Michael Beacom, May 17, 2005