    similar or better picture quality AND an extra 75mm focal length I might
    want to reconsider.

    Bernard.

    Bernard Rother, Jun 16, 2005

  2. Bernard Rother

    Pete D Guest

    Sigma also have a new 18-200mm, apparently it is okay.

    Pete D, Jun 16, 2005

  3. Bernard Rother

    Bill Tuthill Guest

    Pete D <> wrote:
    > Sigma also have a new 18-200mm, apparently it is okay.

    There is a site in Japan comparing the Sigma 18-200 and Tamron 18-200.
    Both looked good although the Sigma didn't seem to be really 200mm
    at the long end; it showed lower magnification than the Tamron.

    It's hard to say because Sigma samples vary in quality lens to lens,
    probably more than the difference between different brands or designs.

    Bill Tuthill, Jun 17, 2005