    learn more at http://www.defectivebydesign.org/what_is_drm"

    Ham Radio Repeater Database.
    http://hrrdb.com
    Chris W, Nov 2, 2007

  2. "Chris W" <> wrote in message
    news:tFBWi.274$...

    > B&H wants about $500 for this lens and it has been my experience that if
    > you can find something significantly cheaper than what B&H wants there is
    > a good chance it is a scam. That said it seems that there are a lot of
    > people selling this lens in the $250 range.

    Such as?
    Andrew Koenig, Nov 2, 2007

  3. Chris W

    Chris W Guest

    Andrew Koenig wrote:
    > "Chris W" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> B&H wants about $500 for this lens and it has been my experience that if
    >> you can find something significantly cheaper than what B&H wants there is
    >> a good chance it is a scam. That said it seems that there are a lot of
    >> people selling this lens in the $250 range.

    > Such as?

    Several on Ebay that are said to be new, Amazon.com and others just do a
    google search.

    --
    Chris W
    KE5GIX

    "Protect your digital freedom and privacy, eliminate DRM,

    Chris W, Nov 2, 2007
  4. Chris W

    Chris W Guest

    Chris W, Nov 2, 2007
  5. Chris W

    Mark B. Guest

    "Chris W" <> wrote in message
    > Andrew Koenig wrote:
    >> "Chris W" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> B&H wants about $500 for this lens and it has been my experience that if
    >>> you can find something significantly cheaper than what B&H wants there
    >>> is a good chance it is a scam. That said it seems that there are a lot
    >>> of people selling this lens in the $250 range.

    >> Such as?

    > Several on Ebay that are said to be new, Amazon.com and others just do a
    > google search.

    The prices you're seeing on Amazon are sold by 3rd party sellers, not
    directly from Amazon. Stick to your original thinking and avoid prices
    significantly cheaper than B&H. I always recommend B&H, Adorama, Canoga
    Camera, and Amazon (direct).

    Mark
    Mark B., Nov 3, 2007
  6. Chris W

    Steve Dell Guest

    I had this lens a few years ago. It was huge. The lens hood typically would
    mess with the pop-up flash. I had the 10D at the time.

    Image quality, as I recall, was quite good. (Understand my techniques have
    improved over the past few years.)

    It's heavy, large and rather slow. I sold mine on eBay for about $425 or so.

    I now have a Tokina 12-24 f/4 that works very well.

    Steve

    Steve Dell, Nov 3, 2007