    widescreen, would it have KILLED them to stock a handful along with the
    hundreds of P&S copies they had????
    -Rich

    Richard, Dec 9, 2003

  2. Richard

    Black Locust Guest

    In article <>,
    (Richard) wrote:

    > Are we going back to laserdiscdom? All comedies released in @@#@!!
    > P&S only? That's all that was available at two Blockbusters near me.
    > With AMPLE evidence over the past six years that people overall PREFER
    > widescreen, would it have KILLED them to stock a handful along with the
    > hundreds of P&S copies they had????
    > -Rich

    Huh? Nothing but widescreen copies of Bruce Alcrappy at the
    Blockbuster's here.
    --
    BL

    Black Locust, Dec 9, 2003

  3. Richard

    Codswallop Guest

    On Tue, 09 Dec 2003 22:59:13 GMT, Richard wrote in alt.video.dvd:

    > would it have KILLED them to stock a handful along with the
    > hundreds of P&S copies they had????

    Maybe they sold all the widescreen copies?

    --
    - Cods

    (un ROT-13 to email)

    Codswallop, Dec 9, 2003
  4. Richard

    madkevin Guest

    "Richard" <> wrote in message
    > Are we going back to laserdiscdom? All comedies released in @@#@!!
    > P&S only? That's all that was available at two Blockbusters near me.
    > With AMPLE evidence over the past six years that people overall PREFER
    > widescreen, would it have KILLED them to stock a handful along with the
    > hundreds of P&S copies they had????
    > -Rich

    At this point I'd like to mention that Rich lives in Toronto, a city of over two
    million people which, one would imagine, probably has more than one video store.

    Kevin "Mapblast" Cogliano

    madkevin, Dec 10, 2003
  5. Richard

    Alan Smithee Guest

    "Richard" <> wrote in message
    > Are we going back to laserdiscdom? All comedies released in @@#@!!
    > P&S only? That's all that was available at two Blockbusters near me.
    > With AMPLE evidence over the past six years that people overall PREFER
    > widescreen, would it have KILLED them to stock a handful along with the
    > hundreds of P&S copies they had????
    > -Rich

    Are you talking about rentalitems or items for sale?

    If the later, maybe they sold out of the WS version... meaning people don't
    want P&S.

    If you're referring to rentals, it might depend on whether your store is a
    franchised store or a corporate store... franchise stores (As far as I know)
    can't order what they want, while corporate stores get what corporate gives
    them (and in my area, this WAS widescreen).

    Alan Smithee
    (Address altered to prevent spamming)

    Alan Smithee, Dec 10, 2003
  6. On Tue, 9 Dec 2003 19:06:53 -0500, "madkevin" <>
    wrote:

    >"Richard" <> wrote in message
    >> Are we going back to laserdiscdom? All comedies released in @@#@!!
    >> P&S only? That's all that was available at two Blockbusters near me.
    >> With AMPLE evidence over the past six years that people overall PREFER
    >> widescreen, would it have KILLED them to stock a handful along with the
    >> hundreds of P&S copies they had????
    >> -Rich

    >At this point I'd like to mention that Rich lives in Toronto, a city of over two
    >million people which, one would imagine, probably has more than one video store.

    Yeah, I live in Mississauga, a city adjacent to Toronto, and I must
    say that Blockbuster (and Rogers) is the WORST place to buy DVD's.
    Future Shop and Amazon.ca or DVDsoon.com are MUCH better and cheaper
    Canadian outlets. As for buying used rental DVD's I find the best
    place is a local Mom and Pop rental outlet, always Widescreen if
    available.

    . Steve ...

    Steve(JazzHunter), Dec 10, 2003
  7. Richard

    Klaus Guest

    Yep my Blockbuster is corporate and gets what corporate sends them. On
    several releases I have mentioned to the manager that there are no
    Widescreen and he told me they didn't send him any. He said one of the
    main studios will only send full screen maybe its WB. I no longer to to
    Blockbuster because of this.

    Klaus, Dec 10, 2003
  8. Richard

    Richard Guest

    "madkevin" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > "Richard" <> wrote in message
    > > Are we going back to laserdiscdom? All comedies released in @@#@!!
    > > P&S only? That's all that was available at two Blockbusters near me.
    > > With AMPLE evidence over the past six years that people overall PREFER
    > > widescreen, would it have KILLED them to stock a handful along with the
    > > hundreds of P&S copies they had????
    > > -Rich

    > At this point I'd like to mention that Rich lives in Toronto, a city of over two
    > million people which, one would imagine, probably has more than one video store.
    >
    > Kevin "Mapblast" Cogliano

    Sure, I can find other video stores further away, but why should I
    HAVE to? Instead of acting like each Blockbuster is a franchise (which
    they are not) why not some uniformity in what they offer?
    -Rich

    Richard, Dec 10, 2003
  9. Richard

    madkevin Guest

    > > "Richard" <> wrote in message
    > > > Are we going back to laserdiscdom? All comedies released in @@#@!!
    > > > P&S only? That's all that was available at two Blockbusters near me.
    > > > With AMPLE evidence over the past six years that people overall PREFER
    > > > widescreen, would it have KILLED them to stock a handful along with the
    > > > hundreds of P&S copies they had????
    > > > -Rich

    > > At this point I'd like to mention that Rich lives in Toronto, a city of over

    two
    > > million people which, one would imagine, probably has more than one video

    store.

    > > Kevin "Mapblast" Cogliano

    > Sure, I can find other video stores further away, but why should I
    > HAVE to? Instead of acting like each Blockbuster is a franchise (which
    > they are not) why not some uniformity in what they offer?
    > -Rich

    For that matter, why should you have to even go to the video store in the first
    place? Why doesn't Blockbuster simply set up some sort of advanced mind-reading
    satellite so that the very second you personally feel like watching a movie, the
    disc is teleported directly into your DVD player? Of course, you'll still have
    to actually press the "play" button - see, those Blockbuster fucks always find a
    way to screw you.

    The fact is, Rich, the only thing preventing you from renting a perfectly
    acceptable widescreen copy of whatever piece of shit you feel like watching this
    moment is your own laziness. Of course, if you actually did that, then you
    couldn't waste even more of your apparently empty life by pointlessly
    complaining about it on Usenet.

    Kevin "Duh" Cogliano

    madkevin, Dec 10, 2003