    Frosty
    --

    Te precor dulcissime supplex!

    Frosty, Sep 21, 2006

  2. Frosty

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 09:22:11 -0400, Frosty Has Frothed:

    > You know how adding those two little lines above ones sigfile makes it go
    > away upon replying?
    > Is there any way to do that in non-web based email? (Like Eudora?)
    >
    > TIA

    Google Usenet sig delimiter

    COOSN-266-06-25794

    Meat Plow, Sep 21, 2006

  3. Frosty

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2006-09-21, Frosty <> wrote:
    > You know how adding those two little lines above ones sigfile makes it
    > go away upon replying?
    > Is there any way to do that in non-web based email? (Like Eudora?)
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Frosty

    Strictly speaking, it's two hyphens followed by a space and then a
    'newline'.

    I thought most "non-web-based email" programs treated the standard sig
    delimiter in exactly the same way as decent news-reader programs do. I've
    never used Eudora, so I don't know if it can do the job properly or if so,
    what setting needs to be tweaked. (The only program I've ever used for
    either email or news-reading, that couldn't handle sigs properly, was
    Outlook Express 5 - which I found to be such a horrible program that I
    stopped using it for anything as soon as I could).

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Sep 21, 2006
  4. Frosty

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 09:22:11 -0400, Frosty <> wrote:

    >You know how adding those two little lines above ones sigfile makes it
    >go away upon replying?
    >Is there any way to do that in non-web based email? (Like Eudora?)

    Works for me in Agent...

    Evan Platt, Sep 21, 2006
  5. "Frosty" <> wrote in message
    > You know how adding those two little lines above ones sigfile makes it
    > go away upon replying?
    > Is there any way to do that in non-web based email? (Like Eudora?)

    All it is is:

    [dash][dash][space][return]

    ss.

    Synapse Syndrome, Sep 21, 2006
  6. Frosty

    Leythos Guest

    In article <>, clause39
    @yahoo.com says...
    > You know how adding those two little lines above ones sigfile makes it
    > go away upon replying?
    > Is there any way to do that in non-web based email? (Like Eudora?)

    Stop using a Email client for Usenet and get a standard, text based,
    usenet client - Super Gravity conforms to Usenet standards.

    --

    remove 999 in order to email me

    Leythos, Sep 21, 2006
  7. Frosty

    Frosty Guest

    I downloaded new messages from 24hoursupport.helpdesk on Thu, 21 Sep
    2006 09:28:11 -0400, and who should I see posting but Meat Plow
    <>! I could scarely believe Meat Plow
    <> would remark:

    >On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 09:22:11 -0400, Frosty Has Frothed:
    >
    >> You know how adding those two little lines above ones sigfile makes it go
    >> away upon replying?
    >> Is there any way to do that in non-web based email? (Like Eudora?)
    >>
    >> TIA
    >>

    >Google Usenet sig delimiter

    I know how to do it in usenet...
    I want it in e-mail.

    Frosty, Sep 22, 2006
  8. Frosty

    Frosty Guest

    I downloaded new messages from 24hoursupport.helpdesk on Thu, 21 Sep
    2006 14:49:05 +0100, and who should I see posting but Whiskers
    <>! I could scarely believe Whiskers
    <> would remark:

    >On 2006-09-21, Frosty <> wrote:
    >> You know how adding those two little lines above ones sigfile makes it
    >> go away upon replying?
    >> Is there any way to do that in non-web based email? (Like Eudora?)
    >>
    >> TIA
    >>
    >> Frosty

    >Strictly speaking, it's two hyphens followed by a space and then a
    >'newline'.
    >
    >I thought most "non-web-based email" programs treated the standard sig
    >delimiter in exactly the same way as decent news-reader programs do. I've
    >never used Eudora, so I don't know if it can do the job properly or if so,
    >what setting needs to be tweaked.

    A regular delimiter doesn't work.

    Frosty, Sep 22, 2006
  9. Frosty

    Frosty Guest

    I downloaded new messages from 24hoursupport.helpdesk on Thu, 21 Sep
    2006 07:16:37 -0700, and who should I see posting but Evan Platt
    <>! I could scarely believe Evan
    Platt <> would remark:

    >On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 09:22:11 -0400, Frosty <> wrote:
    >
    >>You know how adding those two little lines above ones sigfile makes it
    >>go away upon replying?
    >>Is there any way to do that in non-web based email? (Like Eudora?)

    >Works for me in Agent...

    Works for me in Agent too.
    But...

    Frosty, Sep 22, 2006
  10. Frosty

    Frosty Guest

    I downloaded new messages from 24hoursupport.helpdesk on Thu, 21 Sep
    2006 17:01:38 +0100, and who should I see posting but "Synapse
    Syndrome" <>! I could scarely
    believe "Synapse Syndrome" <>
    would remark:

    >"Frosty" <> wrote in message
    >> You know how adding those two little lines above ones sigfile makes it
    >> go away upon replying?
    >> Is there any way to do that in non-web based email? (Like Eudora?)

    >All it is is:
    >
    >[dash][dash][space][return]
    >
    >ss.

    In Eudora???
    (Do these guys even read these posts?)

    Frosty, Sep 22, 2006
  11. Frosty wrote:

    > In Eudora???
    > (Do these guys even read these posts?)

    <lol> Sometimes, I suppose...

    Don't have Eudora here, but every other email client I have used in the
    last .. years, has the ability to add sig files in some manner.
    Sometimes it's an external text file, sometimes they are stored in an
    ..ini or other config file. Sometimes you need to add the "-- " manually
    in the sig on a separate line. Some clients will insert it for you.

    http://www.ucit.uc.edu/documentation/euprowin.asp

    "Here is a brief overview of Eudora Pro commands, by their menu bar
    listings."

    "Tools / Configure Eudora, populate address book, create signature files
    and filters."

    So what's on your tools menu?

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Sep 22, 2006
  12. Frosty

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 23:24:57 -0400, Frosty Has Frothed:

    > I downloaded new messages from 24hoursupport.helpdesk on Thu, 21 Sep 2006
    > 09:28:11 -0400, and who should I see posting but Meat Plow
    > <>! I could scarely believe Meat Plow
    > <> would remark:
    >
    >>On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 09:22:11 -0400, Frosty Has Frothed:
    >>
    >>> You know how adding those two little lines above ones sigfile makes it
    >>> go away upon replying?
    >>> Is there any way to do that in non-web based email? (Like Eudora?)
    >>>
    >>> TIA
    >>>

    >>Google Usenet sig delimiter

    > I know how to do it in usenet...
    > I want it in e-mail.

    Ooops, you were being a bit obtuse.

    COOSN-266-06-25794

    Meat Plow, Sep 22, 2006
  13. Frosty

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2006-09-22, Frosty <> wrote:
    > I downloaded new messages from 24hoursupport.helpdesk on Thu, 21 Sep
    > 2006 14:49:05 +0100, and who should I see posting but Whiskers
    > <>! I could scarely believe Whiskers
    > <> would remark:
    >
    >>On 2006-09-21, Frosty <> wrote:
    >>> You know how adding those two little lines above ones sigfile makes it
    >>> go away upon replying?
    >>> Is there any way to do that in non-web based email? (Like Eudora?)
    >>>
    >>> TIA
    >>>
    >>> Frosty

    >>Strictly speaking, it's two hyphens followed by a space and then a
    >>'newline'.
    >>
    >>I thought most "non-web-based email" programs treated the standard sig
    >>delimiter in exactly the same way as decent news-reader programs do. I've
    >>never used Eudora, so I don't know if it can do the job properly or if so,
    >>what setting needs to be tweaked.

    > A regular delimiter doesn't work.

    If you want help with Eudora, try the newsgroups
    comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows and comp.mail.eudora.mac or the 'Support' and
    'User forums' at <http://www.eudora.com/>. If you don't like Eudora,
    there are plenty of other email programs available.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Sep 22, 2006
  14. Frosty

    Frosty Guest

    I downloaded new messages from 24hoursupport.helpdesk on Fri, 22 Sep
    2006 13:27:50 +0100, and who should I see posting but Whiskers
    <>! I could scarely believe Whiskers
    <> would remark:

    >On 2006-09-22, Frosty <> wrote:
    >> I downloaded new messages from 24hoursupport.helpdesk on Thu, 21 Sep
    >> 2006 14:49:05 +0100, and who should I see posting but Whiskers
    >> <>! I could scarely believe Whiskers
    >> <> would remark:

    >>>Strictly speaking, it's two hyphens followed by a space and then a
    >>>'newline'.
    >>>
    >>>I thought most "non-web-based email" programs treated the standard sig
    >>>delimiter in exactly the same way as decent news-reader programs do. I've
    >>>never used Eudora, so I don't know if it can do the job properly or if so,
    >>>what setting needs to be tweaked.

    >> A regular delimiter doesn't work.

    >If you want help with Eudora, try the newsgroups
    >comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows and comp.mail.eudora.mac or the 'Support' and
    >'User forums' at <http://www.eudora.com/>.

    Naw, that'd be too easy.

    Frosty, Sep 23, 2006