    --
    Woody

    harrogate three at ntlworld dot com
    Woody, Feb 27, 2013

  2. Woody

    Woody Guest

    "alexd" <> wrote in message
    news:kgr68k$i6p$...
    > Woody (for it is he) wrote:
    >
    >> Siemens OpenStage 60

    > They're certified for use with Asterisk w/SIP firmware so are
    > likely to work
    > with anything else that speaks SIP.
    >
    > If you don't have a phone system, what do you want four for?
    > ;-)

    There were four for sale, boxed up like knew at £39 apiece. It
    looked a good buy for a domestic voip phone if it would do the
    job.

    I'll go buy one next week and report progress - or come asking
    for help!

    Woody, Mar 1, 2013

  3. Woody

    Woody Guest

    "alexd" <> wrote in message
    > Woody (for it is he) wrote:
    >
    >> I'll go buy one next week and report progress - or come asking
    >> for help!

    > I suggest you look carefully before handing over the readies:
    >
    > http://wiki.siemens-
    > enterprise.com/wiki/OpenStage_Important_HW/SW_Dependency_Information
    >
    > http://wiki.siemens-
    > enterprise.com/wiki/OpenStage_Hardware_Changes_and_necessary_Software_Versions#Part_number_of_the_Phone
    >
    > This page suggests that the CorNet, SIP and TDM variants of the
    > handsets
    > have different part numbers. I'm not familiar with Siemens
    > voice, but other
    > vendors I'm familiar with have one hardware part that takes
    > different
    > firmware loads depending on whether you want the handset to
    > speak SIP or
    > proprietary, so having different parts [apart from TDM, I
    > guess] seems
    > unusual to me. I think you might want to ask a Siemens expert.

    The boxes are very clearly printed SIP on the outside, else I
    wouldn't even have given it a thought.

    Woody, Mar 2, 2013