    and receive calls.

    Thanks if anyone has any answers.

    Fox.

    Fox, Sep 19, 2010

  2. Fox

    Bodincus Guest

    (19/09/10 10:12), Fox:
    > I'm hoping to get a Siemens Gigaset A580IP shortly to use with my fixed
    > line and two VOIP accounts. Just wondering if anyone is using one of
    > these and could answer a couple of questions?
    >
    > 1) If I log onto two different VOIP providers do I have to use separate
    > ports for each one (5060/5061) can I set 5060 for both? I am behind a
    > router on a local 192.168.x.x IP range. I presently use a PAP2 and use
    > 5060 for line one and 5061 for line two.

    If you use an outbound proxy in the registrations you don't need any
    port forward on your router. In fact, don't do any port forward, it's a
    security hole.

    > 2) Anyone know if Siemens handsets from an old A160 Gigaset will work.
    > Although they won't have all the menu entries I'm hoping they can make
    > and receive calls.

    There is a compatibility check tool on Gigaset's website.

    http://gigaset.com/uk/en/cms/PageCustomerServicesCompatibility.html

    > Thanks if anyone has any answers.
    >
    > Fox.

    If you need further help, or more handsets, please ask: I have some used
    Gigaset stock.

    Cheers
    --
    Bodincus - The Y2K Druid
    ************************

    Bodincus, Sep 19, 2010

  3. Fox

    Bodincus Guest

    (19/09/10 13:45), Bodincus:
    >> 2) Anyone know if Siemens handsets from an old A160 Gigaset will work.
    >> Although they won't have all the menu entries I'm hoping they can make
    >> and receive calls.

    > There is a compatibility check tool on Gigaset's website.
    >
    > http://gigaset.com/uk/en/cms/PageCustomerServicesCompatibility.html

    Sorry, replying to myself there, but the UK link doesn't have the A16 /
    A160 in the lists (maybe it's not sold in the UK).
    Use this one instead:

    http://gigaset.com/hq/en/cms/PageCustomerServicesCompatibility.html

    And yes, the A580IP base and the A16 handset are somewhat compatible,
    with a sting in the tail:

    Compatibility of Products: Gigaset A580 IP - Gigaset A16
    Feature Supported
    Outgoing call Yes
    Incoming call Yes
    Registering / Operation Yes
    Configuration of the base station No
    CLIP indication at handset Yes
    MWI (Message waiting indicator) No
    Call waiting Yes
    Caller list No
    Internal calls Yes
    Call transfer to internal user Yes
    Phonebook transfer No
    Repeater Yes
    Caller ID / Caller name Yes
    Repeater handover Yes
    SMS No
    Call charge No
    VoIP support No (ouch!)

    I have some spare C46 (the base died in a thunderstorm) I can sell you.

    Compatibility of Products: Gigaset A580 IP - Gigaset C46
    Outgoing call Yes
    Incoming call Yes
    Registering / Operation Yes
    Configuration of the base station Yes
    CLIP indication at handset Yes
    MWI (Message waiting indicator) Yes
    Call waiting Yes
    Caller list No
    Internal calls Yes
    Call transfer to internal user Yes
    Phonebook transfer Yes
    Repeater Yes
    Caller ID / Caller name Yes
    Repeater handover Yes
    SMS Yes
    Call charge No
    Infoservices (as Screensaver. For A58/C38 as Liveticker)No
    Email notification No
    Instant messaging No
    High Definition Sound Performance (HDSP) No
    IP/PSTN line selection via short/long press Yes
    Online Phonebook (*country dependent) Yes
    Gigaset.net telephony (*country dependent) Yes
    VoIP Support Yes (Phew!)

    Cheers
    --
    Bodincus - The Y2K Druid
    ************************

    Bodincus, Sep 19, 2010
  4. Fox

    Fox Guest

    Just a quick 'thank you' to all that replied. Looks like I won't have
    any problems in setting it up. The A160 is a really old Siemens unit. It
    works well plugged into a PAP2 port.

    @Bodincus, thanks for the offer. Might well take you up on a handset or
    two. Will post again when I have the unit.

    Cheers,

    Fox.

    Fox, Sep 20, 2010
  5. Fox

    TheFug Guest

    Op 19-9-2010 11:12, Fox schreef:
    > I'm hoping to get a Siemens Gigaset A580IP shortly to use with my fixed
    > line and two VOIP accounts. Just wondering if anyone is using one of
    > these and could answer a couple of questions?
    >
    > 1) If I log onto two different VOIP providers do I have to use separate
    > ports for each one (5060/5061) can I set 5060 for both? I am behind a
    > router on a local 192.168.x.x IP range. I presently use a PAP2 and use
    > 5060 for line one and 5061 for line two.
    >
    > 2) Anyone know if Siemens handsets from an old A160 Gigaset will work.
    > Although they won't have all the menu entries I'm hoping they can make
    > and receive calls.
    >
    > Thanks if anyone has any answers.
    >
    > Fox.

    A wise choice ! a DECT IP (gigaset) is much easier in setup than any
    cisco/Linksys device, is my experience, most of the time, only minimal
    account info is enough, otherwise you also use the SIP registar name
    also in the domain field (Voxalot being the exception)
    You can also set the voicemail dial number for each voip provider,
    what makes it easy to listen to missed calls, per provider.
    CallerID works most of the time on Siemens handsets, other bands
    sometimes not.
    Special functions work best on Siemens handsets.
    For the SL37 handset, (and some others) you can set email notification.
    Handsets with bluetooth (like the SL37) are handy for transferring
    phonenumbers to and from your cellphone.
    You can also save & load your Gigaset phonebook via your Web-GUI of your
    Gigaset.
    Setting up also a Voxalot sip account is a must for calling via Sipbroker.

    TheFug, Sep 20, 2010