    sipgate.co.uk have been changed to sipgate.de and this caused
    registration to fail.

    Is this my imagination or was the firmware update really that crap.
    Nick, Jun 30, 2012

  2. On 30/06/12 15:36, Nick wrote:
    > My Siemens gigaset 685ip performed an automatic software update in mid
    > week. I think it was a firmware update I wasn't really paying attention
    > and just clicked yes to accept.
    >
    > Today I noticed that none of my sipgate accounts registered, probably
    > the first time I have looked since the update. It appears that the
    > sipgate registration details had been altered so that references to
    > sipgate.co.uk have been changed to sipgate.de and this caused
    > registration to fail.
    >
    > Is this my imagination or was the firmware update really that crap.

    My 580IP did the same, but I had no problems..?

    What difference is the update supposed to make, anyway..?

    Ria
    Ria Elaine Jones, Jul 2, 2012

  3. Nick

    Nick Guest

    On 07/07/2012 15:13, Me wrote:
    > On Sat, 30 Jun 2012 15:36:05 +0100, Nick <> wrote:
    >
    >> My Siemens gigaset 685ip performed an automatic software update in mid
    >> week. I think it was a firmware update I wasn't really paying attention
    >> and just clicked yes to accept.
    >>
    >> Today I noticed that none of my sipgate accounts registered, probably
    >> the first time I have looked since the update. It appears that the
    >> sipgate registration details had been altered so that references to
    >> sipgate.co.uk have been changed to sipgate.de and this caused
    >> registration to fail.
    >>
    >> Is this my imagination or was the firmware update really that crap.

    > I don't think it was a firmware upgrade - just an update of the list of
    > SIP registrars.
    >
    > Me

    Yes quiet possibly. But it did modify my working registrations so that
    they stopped working.

    Presumably with both siemens and sipgate being native to Germany they
    didn't consider the rest of the world.
    Nick, Jul 8, 2012
  4. Nick

    Graham. Guest

    On Sun, 08 Jul 2012 10:00:13 +0100, Nick <>
    wrote:

    >On 07/07/2012 15:13, Me wrote:
    >> On Sat, 30 Jun 2012 15:36:05 +0100, Nick <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> My Siemens gigaset 685ip performed an automatic software update in mid
    >>> week. I think it was a firmware update I wasn't really paying attention
    >>> and just clicked yes to accept.
    >>>
    >>> Today I noticed that none of my sipgate accounts registered, probably
    >>> the first time I have looked since the update. It appears that the
    >>> sipgate registration details had been altered so that references to
    >>> sipgate.co.uk have been changed to sipgate.de and this caused
    >>> registration to fail.
    >>>
    >>> Is this my imagination or was the firmware update really that crap.

    >> I don't think it was a firmware upgrade - just an update of the list of
    >> SIP registrars.
    >>
    >> Me
    >>

    >Yes quiet possibly. But it did modify my working registrations so that
    >they stopped working.
    >
    >Presumably with both siemens and sipgate being native to Germany they
    >didn't consider the rest of the world.

    I hate to think vot zay hav changed the vingtone to.

    --
    Graham.
    %Profound_observation%
    Graham., Jul 8, 2012