Siemens C475IP

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Tim Bray, Mar 28, 2008.

  1. Tim Bray

    Tim Bray Guest

    Hi,

    I know a lot of people have been waiting for these.

    The Siemens C475IP phone is now in the UK and should be available from
    all the usual places.

    Like a C460IP, but has a new shaped handset, 2 calls through the base,
    6 SIP accounts and a digital answering machine

    Tim Bray
    Tim Bray, Mar 28, 2008
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Tim Bray

    Ian Pawson Guest

    Tim Bray wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I know a lot of people have been waiting for these.
    >
    > The Siemens C475IP phone is now in the UK and should be available from
    > all the usual places.
    >
    > Like a C460IP, but has a new shaped handset, 2 calls through the base,
    > 6 SIP accounts and a digital answering machine
    >
    > Tim Bray

    How is different from the 675?
    Ian Pawson, Mar 29, 2008
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Tim Bray

    Nick Guest

    Ian Pawson wrote:
    > Tim Bray wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I know a lot of people have been waiting for these.
    >>
    >> The Siemens C475IP phone is now in the UK and should be available from
    >> all the usual places.
    >>
    >> Like a C460IP, but has a new shaped handset, 2 calls through the base,
    >> 6 SIP accounts and a digital answering machine
    >>
    >> Tim Bray

    > How is different from the 675?


    It also seems to be cheaper than the s450 ip and offer the recorder. So
    is there a catch?
    Nick, Mar 30, 2008
    #3
  4. Tim Bray

    Tim Bray Guest

    Nick wrote:
    > It also seems to be cheaper than the s450 ip and offer the recorder. So
    > is there a catch?



    Not really. It has the new shaped handsets.

    Tim
    Tim Bray, Mar 31, 2008
    #4
  5. Tim Bray

    Tim Bray Guest

    Ian Pawson wrote:
    > How is different from the 675?



    Only different between a C475IP and a S675IP is that the S675IP has hi
    def audio.

    But, the S675IP phone is not going to planned for UK launch. Instead
    there will be the S685IP phone, which also has bluetooth in the handset.

    They are coming in, but a couple of months away.

    Tim
    Tim Bray, Mar 31, 2008
    #5
  6. Tim Bray

    Ian Pawson Guest

    Tim Bray wrote:
    > Ian Pawson wrote:
    >> How is different from the 675?

    >
    >
    > Only different between a C475IP and a S675IP is that the S675IP has hi
    > def audio.
    >
    > But, the S675IP phone is not going to planned for UK launch. Instead
    > there will be the S685IP phone, which also has bluetooth in the handset.
    >
    > They are coming in, but a couple of months away.
    >
    > Tim

    Thanks for the info - ordered a C475IP today.
    Ian Pawson, Mar 31, 2008
    #6
  7. Tim Bray

    TheFug Guest

    Tim Bray schreef:
    > Ian Pawson wrote:
    >> How is different from the 675?

    >
    >
    > Only different between a C475IP and a S675IP is that the S675IP has hi
    > def audio.
    >
    > But, the S675IP phone is not going to planned for UK launch. Instead
    > there will be the S685IP phone, which also has bluetooth in the handset.
    >
    > They are coming in, but a couple of months away.
    >
    > Tim


    My question: is BlueTooth such a great addition ? the handset (DECT) is
    wireless, adding a wireless headset makes things more complicated, is my
    guess, and BlueTooth is also a security risk, (DECT is more secure) does
    BlueTooth connects to the base, or to the handset ?

    --

    The Fug.

    ( VoIP/SIP switched by: www.mysipswitch.com )
    TheFug, Mar 31, 2008
    #7
  8. Tim Bray

    Tim Guest

    TheFug wrote:
    > My question: is BlueTooth such a great addition ? the handset (DECT) is
    > wireless, adding a wireless headset makes things more complicated, is my
    > guess, and BlueTooth is also a security risk, (DECT is more secure) does
    > BlueTooth connects to the base, or to the handset ?


    Dect from base to handset.

    Bluetooth from handset to headset.

    Also you can mobile phone contact sync and upload wallpapers. Not
    tested this yet though.

    Tim
    Tim, Apr 1, 2008
    #8
  9. D'apres TheFug <>, dans le forum uk.telecom.voip...

    > My question: is BlueTooth such a great addition ? the handset (DECT) is
    > wireless, adding a wireless headset makes things more complicated,


    You can find small wireless earpieces with Bluetooth, not DECT.

    Also, the base can connect to your GSM phone, so that you receive you
    GSM calls on the base or any DECT handset. Can be usefull if you have
    several handsets spreaded in various romms of the house.

    I don't know if you can also make GSM calls from the base or handsets,
    so it could be a cheaper way to call to mobiles phone.

    Note that you have to choose what you want to do with the Bluetooth
    interface : connect the base to an earpiece, OR connect the base to a
    GSM phone. You cannot do both.

    Note : this is based on my experience with a SX353isdn(*). The C475ip
    seems similar but I cannot be 100% sure.
    Marc Zirnheld, Apr 1, 2008
    #9
  10. Tim Bray

    TheFug Guest

    Marc Zirnheld schreef:
    > D'apres TheFug <>, dans le forum uk.telecom.voip...
    >
    >> My question: is BlueTooth such a great addition ? the handset (DECT) is
    >> wireless, adding a wireless headset makes things more complicated,

    >
    > You can find small wireless earpieces with Bluetooth, not DECT.
    >
    > Also, the base can connect to your GSM phone, so that you receive you
    > GSM calls on the base or any DECT handset. Can be usefull if you have
    > several handsets spreaded in various romms of the house.
    >
    > I don't know if you can also make GSM calls from the base or handsets,
    > so it could be a cheaper way to call to mobiles phone.
    >
    > Note that you have to choose what you want to do with the Bluetooth
    > interface : connect the base to an earpiece, OR connect the base to a
    > GSM phone. You cannot do both.
    >
    > Note : this is based on my experience with a SX353isdn(*). The C475ip
    > seems similar but I cannot be 100% sure.
    >
    >

    I guess these extra functions you mention, can be usefull to use that
    way, and security is also kept ? (i guess DECT is safer as a wireless
    connection)

    --

    The Fug.

    ( VoIP/SIP switched by: www.mysipswitch.com )
    TheFug, Apr 1, 2008
    #10
  11. Tim Bray

    Martin² Guest

    >Thanks for the info - ordered a C475IP today.

    Who is the best / cheapest place to buy them ?
    Thanks, regards,
    Martin
    Martin², Apr 3, 2008
    #11
  12. D'apres TheFug <>, dans le forum uk.telecom.voip...

    > I guess these extra functions you mention, can be usefull to use that
    > way, and security is also kept ? (i guess DECT is safer as a wireless
    > connection)


    No idea, frankly I don't have a clue about security issues with wireless
    phones.

    BTW, another problem I noticed : when you receive a GSM call, the
    calling party number is in the international format: +33xxxxxxxx for
    example. That string is forwarded to the DECT base but there is nothing
    to handle the + or replace the +33, so the resulting number is
    33xxxxxxxxx which obviously is not a dialable number :(
    Marc Zirnheld, Apr 3, 2008
    #12
  13. Tim Bray

    Ian Pawson Guest

    Martin² wrote:
    >> Thanks for the info - ordered a C475IP today.

    >
    > Who is the best / cheapest place to buy them ?
    > Thanks, regards,
    > Martin
    >
    >

    Got mine from DST (UK) via Amazon, not the cheapest, but they had stock
    and I had an Amazon voucher.
    Phone has now arrived and I am pleased with it. I do like the ability to
    download/edit/upload the phone directory. Much easier to type on a keyboard.
    Ian Pawson, Apr 3, 2008
    #13
  14. Tim Bray

    Nick Guest

    Ian Pawson wrote:
    > Martin² wrote:
    >>> Thanks for the info - ordered a C475IP today.

    >> Who is the best / cheapest place to buy them ?
    >> Thanks, regards,
    >> Martin
    >>
    >>

    > Got mine from DST (UK) via Amazon, not the cheapest, but they had stock
    > and I had an Amazon voucher.
    > Phone has now arrived and I am pleased with it. I do like the ability to
    > download/edit/upload the phone directory. Much easier to type on a keyboard.


    Please keep us (me) updated on what the call quality, echo, cut-outs are
    like.
    Nick, Apr 3, 2008
    #14
  15. Tim Bray

    Ian Pawson Guest

    Nick wrote:
    > Ian Pawson wrote:
    >> Martin² wrote:
    >>>> Thanks for the info - ordered a C475IP today.
    >>> Who is the best / cheapest place to buy them ?
    >>> Thanks, regards,
    >>> Martin
    >>>

    >> Got mine from DST (UK) via Amazon, not the cheapest, but they had stock
    >> and I had an Amazon voucher.
    >> Phone has now arrived and I am pleased with it. I do like the ability to
    >> download/edit/upload the phone directory. Much easier to type on a
    >> keyboard.

    >
    > Please keep us (me) updated on what the call quality, echo, cut-outs are
    > like.

    No echo noticeable. So far, unable to tell any difference between fixed
    and voip calls. Audio quality is fine, however, like most modern DECT
    phone there is no side tone which takes some getting used to. Managed to
    register my 2 existing handsets with the base station without any problems.
    Ian Pawson, Apr 4, 2008
    #15
  16. Tim Bray

    Guest

    > No echo noticeable. So far, unable to tell any difference between fixed
    > and voip calls. Audio quality is fine, however, like most modern DECT
    > phone there is no side tone which takes some getting used to. Managed to
    > register my 2 existing handsets with the base station without any problems.



    I can confirm, bought mine (4 handsets) on monday from liGo, waited
    for 3 weeks, but kept me up to date throughout. Really surprised about
    the good quality at that price.. Was thinking to maybe go for the
    S685IP (with bluetooth), but I think the C475IP does the job just
    fine.

    http://www.cordless-phones.uk.com/voip-phones/voip-dect-phones/siemens-gigaset-c475ip-dect
    , Apr 6, 2008
    #16
  17. Tim Bray

    Guest

    > No echo noticeable. So far, unable to tell any difference between fixed
    > and voip calls. Audio quality is fine, however, like most modern DECT
    > phone there is no side tone which takes some getting used to. Managed to
    > register my 2 existing handsets with the base station without any problems.


    I can confirm, bought mine (4 handsets) on monday from liGo, waited
    for 3 weeks, but kept me up to date throughout. Really surprised about
    the good quality at that price.. Was thinking to maybe go for the
    S685IP (with bluetooth), but I think the C475IP does the job just
    fine.

    http://www.cordless-phones.uk.com/voip-phones/voip-dect-phones/siemens-gigaset-c475ip-dect
    , Apr 6, 2008
    #17
  18. Tim Bray

    Guest

    I just got the S685IP from Hip-IP last week, they arrived day after
    the order. The bluetooth is a great extra, I can walk around the
    office with my bluetooth headset in. I am not sure about the HDSP as
    yet, do not think i have used the phone enought to notice a
    difference. Generally though it seems to be a good piece of kit, i am
    going to get some additional handsets now.

    http://www.hip-ip.com/product/voip-products/voip-dualphones/siemens-gigaset-s685-ip-dect-phone
    , Apr 27, 2008
    #18
  19. Tim Bray

    Guest

    On Sun, 27 Apr 2008 01:46:57 -0700 (PDT),
    wrote:

    >I just got the S685IP from Hip-IP last week, they arrived day after
    >the order. The bluetooth is a great extra, I can walk around the
    >office with my bluetooth headset in. I am not sure about the HDSP as
    >yet, do not think i have used the phone enought to notice a
    >difference. Generally though it seems to be a good piece of kit, i am
    >going to get some additional handsets now.


    Oh dear Oh dear Oh dear more spam Ivor will not be very pleased to see
    more of it in HIS group .
    , Apr 27, 2008
    #19
  20. Tim Bray

    Ivor Jones Guest

    In news:,
    <> typed, for some strange,
    unexplained reason:
    : On Sun, 27 Apr 2008 01:46:57 -0700 (PDT),
    : wrote:
    :
    : >I just got the S685IP from Hip-IP last week, they arrived day after
    : >the order. The bluetooth is a great extra, I can walk around the
    : >office with my bluetooth headset in. I am not sure about the HDSP as
    : >yet, do not think i have used the phone enought to notice a
    : >difference. Generally though it seems to be a good piece of kit, i am
    : >going to get some additional handsets now.
    :
    : Oh dear Oh dear Oh dear more spam Ivor will not be very pleased to see
    : more of it in HIS group .

    The only thing I'm not pleased about seeing right now Ron is YOU.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Apr 27, 2008
    #20
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Replies:
    2
    Views:
    474
  2. Replies:
    3
    Views:
    643
    TheFug
    Apr 11, 2008
  3. PAJ
    Replies:
    13
    Views:
    1,153
  4. johnembrace

    BT Hub & siemens c475ip

    johnembrace, Feb 26, 2010, in forum: UK VOIP
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    745
    johnembrace
    Feb 26, 2010
  5. Replies:
    3
    Views:
    1,116
    TheFug
    Nov 20, 2010
Loading...

Share This Page