    There are 9 left out of our first delivery, with no more until November.

    72.34 pounds each + 7.30 for next day shipping + VAT.

    Tim

    Tim, Oct 25, 2006

  2. Tim

    Yaz Guest

    "Tim" <> wrote in message
    news:453f81cf$0$623$...
    > Hi,
    >
    > Blatant plug, because I do work for ProVu. :) But I know a lot of
    > people on here have been waiting for these phones.
    >
    > ProVu have the Siemens C460IP's in stock.

    Can these be used for skype?

    Yaz

    Yaz, Oct 25, 2006

  3. Tim

    Martin² Guest

    Yaz:
    >Can these be used for skype?

    NO!
    But being SIP you can choose from any number of VoIP providers :), or just
    DIY with IP numbers.
    Regards,
    Martin

    Martin², Oct 26, 2006
  4. Tim

    Martin² Guest

    Tim,
    Is there a way to auto route calls by their prefix numbers (e.g. 087, 0845
    to POTS, etc) ?
    Can you use the C46IP on it's own to make WiFi SIP VoIP calls (never mind
    POTS) ?
    Will it work with WiFi HotSpots ?

    Thanks,
    regards,
    Martin

    Martin², Oct 26, 2006
  5. Tim

    Paul Guest

    Martin² wrote:
    > Tim,
    > Is there a way to auto route calls by their prefix numbers (e.g. 087, 0845
    > to POTS, etc) ?
    > Can you use the C46IP on it's own to make WiFi SIP VoIP calls (never mind
    > POTS) ?
    > Will it work with WiFi HotSpots ?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > regards,
    > Martin

    Hi Martin,

    it's not a wifi phone, it's a DECT phone.

    Also it only has one SIP registration so a dial plan to send calls
    through different providers isn't possible.

    It can be set to force certain numbers through the POTS line if it is
    connected.

    cheers,
    Paul.

    Paul, Oct 26, 2006
  6. Tim

    Yaz Guest

    "Paul" <> wrote > it's not a wifi phone, it's a
    DECT phone.

    > Also it only has one SIP registration so a dial plan to send calls through
    > different providers isn't possible.

    Is it not better to buy a Linksys SPA3102 instead and connect a cordless to
    it?

    Yaz

    Yaz, Oct 26, 2006
  7. Tim

    Tim Bray Guest

    Yaz wrote:
    > Can these be used for skype?

    No. You'd need a Linksys CIT200.

    You can also buy a Siemens Dect USB dongle thingy. I forget the
    partcode, but ProVu don't stock them. ProVu concentrate on SIP.

    Tim

    Tim Bray, Oct 27, 2006
  8. Tim

    Tim Bray Guest

    Paul wrote:

    > It can be set to force certain numbers through the POTS line if it is
    > connected.

    To add a bit more.

    You can set the default routing for outbound calls. Either SIP or POTS.

    If you wish to send the call over the other channel, then you press and
    hold the green button when you dial.

    You can set for emergency numbers to always go out on POTS.

    Tim

    Tim Bray, Oct 27, 2006
  9. Tim

    Tim Guest

    Yaz wrote:

    > Is it not better to buy a Linksys SPA3102 instead and connect a cordless to
    > it?

    If you want to do clever call routing and such, don't mind have 2 boxes
    laying around, and spend a bit more then an SPA3102 would be better.

    If you want a simple SIP phone for basic residential use, then I think
    the C460IP wins.

    Tim

    Tim, Nov 14, 2006