    Experiences anyone?

    --
    Ian

    ian, Feb 10, 2007

  2. ian

    Linker3000 Guest

    ian wrote:
    > I'm thinking of getting a Siemens C460IP phone for use with Voipfone.
    > Experiences anyone?

    Just started to evaluate one - easy to setup but a bit clicky. I need to
    do some more testing though as the DECT base is about 1m from a
    wifi-enabled ADSL router at the moment.

    Linker3000, Feb 12, 2007

  3. ian wrote:
    > I'm thinking of getting a Siemens C460IP phone for use with Voipfone.
    > Experiences anyone?

    i think it's awesome, but it does occasionally say it's failed to
    register for some reason, when actually it's fine

    peter

    Peter Gradwell, Feb 12, 2007
  4. ian

    Jay Guest

    "ian" <> wrote in message news:...
    > I'm thinking of getting a Siemens C460IP phone for use with Voipfone.
    > Experiences anyone?
    >
    > --
    > Ian

    Ian,
    I bought the same unit 2 weeks ago from DST telecom.
    Works like a treat on both VOIP & Normal land line.
    only wished there was a way to add contacts on to the phone rather than
    typing them all in.

    I have a discount code for 7% off if bought in this month from the company.
    Post on here if you need it.
    I can give you the code once I reach home.
    still at work at the moment.

    Jay, Feb 12, 2007
  5. ian

    ian Guest

    In message <45d0b460$0$22120$>, Jay <>
    writes

    >"ian" <> wrote in message news:...
    >> I'm thinking of getting a Siemens C460IP phone for use with Voipfone.
    >> Experiences anyone?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ian

    >Ian,
    >I bought the same unit 2 weeks ago from DST telecom.
    >Works like a treat on both VOIP & Normal land line.
    >only wished there was a way to add contacts on to the phone rather than
    >typing them all in.
    >
    >I have a discount code for 7% off if bought in this month from the company.
    >Post on here if you need it.
    >I can give you the code once I reach home.
    >still at work at the moment.

    Somebody in another forum said it was impossible to set the audio to a
    high enough level. He couldn't hear other callers very well, and people
    he called said the audio level was low.

    Does this match people's experiences here?

    Also, as I understand it, you have to set up the address book separately
    on each handset -- it doesn't seem possible to do it from a web
    interface. Is this true, and how do you set up SIP addresses in the
    address book?

    Also #2, where do I find the user manual? The Siemens site doesn't play
    ball with my browser.

    --
    Ian

    ian, Feb 17, 2007
  6. ian

    Tim Guest

    ian wrote:

    > Somebody in another forum said it was impossible to set the audio to a
    > high enough level. He couldn't hear other callers very well, and people
    > he called said the audio level was low.
    >
    > Does this match people's experiences here?

    No. They work fine. On the newer firmware, you can adjust the gain
    levels.

    Of course, the person in the forum may have a PBX that transmits at too
    low a gain level.

    > Also, as I understand it, you have to set up the address book separately
    > on each handset -- it doesn't seem possible to do it from a web
    > interface. Is this true, and how do you set up SIP addresses in the
    > address book?

    Correct. Web interface on affects base station. Address book is in the
    handset.

    You can't enter SIP addresses into the address book. Infact, you can't
    dial a SIP address anyway.

    It really is a very simple phone, but it works really well.

    > Also #2, where do I find the user manual? The Siemens site doesn't play
    > ball with my browser.

    Try:

    http://www.provu.co.uk//pdf/siemens/C450-IPNordicEnglish.pdf

    C460IP and C450IP are the same thing. 460 british, 450 european.

    There are 2 plastic shapes for the handset - manual shows the other
    variant to what is sold in the UK.

    Tim

    Tim, Feb 17, 2007
  7. ian

    Paul Guest

    ian wrote:
    [snip]

    > Also, as I understand it, you have to set up the address book separately
    > on each handset -- it doesn't seem possible to do it from a web
    > interface. Is this true, and how do you set up SIP addresses in the
    > address book?

    Whilst the phonebook is stored individually on each handset, it is easy
    to copy it between handsets registered to the same base station. So you
    only need to type it in once.

    cheers,
    Paul.

    Paul, Feb 19, 2007
  8. ian

    Guest

    On 10 Feb, 10:18, ian <> wrote:
    > I'm thinking of getting a Siemens C460IP phone for use with Voipfone.
    > Experiences anyone?
    >
    > --
    > Ian

    Hi Ian,

    The Siemens C460IP is a decent dect handset. I use it as my home
    phone. I bought it off www.connexin.co.uk. Its relatively cheap and
    the connexin voip service is the best ive ever had!

    IF you're interested let me know i get discounts!

    , Feb 20, 2007
  9. ian

    Guest

    On 19 Feb, 13:25, Paul <> wrote:
    > ian wrote:
    >
    > [snip]
    >

    > > Also, as I understand it, you have to set up the address book separately
    > > on each handset -- it doesn't seem possible to do it from a web
    > > interface. Is this true, and how do you set up SIP addresses in the
    > > address book?

    > Whilst the phonebook is stored individually on each handset, it is easy
    > to copy it between handsets registered to the same base station. So you
    > only need to type it in once.
    >
    > cheers,
    > Paul.

    Paul,

    The Siemens handset can be adjusted using its computer browser based
    system. Open internet explorer and type: 192.168.2.15 or 192.168.1.15
    depends on the make of your router. It Lets you then customise the
    baseset using your computer! If you need more info feel free to visit
    www.connexin.co.uk or email .

    Regards

    www.connexin.co.uk

    , Feb 20, 2007
  10. ian

    ian Guest

    In message <>,
    writes
    >On 19 Feb, 13:25, Paul <> wrote:
    >> ian wrote:
    >>
    >> [snip]
    >>

    >> > Also, as I understand it, you have to set up the address book separately
    >> > on each handset -- it doesn't seem possible to do it from a web
    >> > interface. Is this true, and how do you set up SIP addresses in the
    >> > address book?

    >> Whilst the phonebook is stored individually on each handset, it is easy
    >> to copy it between handsets registered to the same base station. So you
    >> only need to type it in once.
    >>
    >> cheers,
    >> Paul.

    >Paul,
    >
    >The Siemens handset can be adjusted using its computer browser based
    >system. Open internet explorer and type: 192.168.2.15 or 192.168.1.15
    >depends on the make of your router. It Lets you then customise the
    >baseset using your computer! If you need more info feel free to visit
    >www.connexin.co.uk or email .

    Someone has already said in this thread that you can't set up SIP
    addresses in the address book. For me this is a show stopper, so I'm now
    looking for another SIP/DECT combo.

    --
    Ian

    ian, Feb 20, 2007
  11. ian

    Paul Guest

    wrote:
    > On 19 Feb, 13:25, Paul <> wrote:
    >> ian wrote:
    >>
    >> [snip]
    >>

    >>> Also, as I understand it, you have to set up the address book separately
    >>> on each handset -- it doesn't seem possible to do it from a web
    >>> interface. Is this true, and how do you set up SIP addresses in the
    >>> address book?

    >> Whilst the phonebook is stored individually on each handset, it is easy
    >> to copy it between handsets registered to the same base station. So you
    >> only need to type it in once.
    >>
    >> cheers,
    >> Paul.

    > Paul,
    >
    > The Siemens handset can be adjusted using its computer browser based
    > system. Open internet explorer and type: 192.168.2.15 or 192.168.1.15
    > depends on the make of your router. It Lets you then customise the
    > baseset using your computer! If you need more info feel free to visit
    > www.connexin.co.uk or email .
    >
    > Regards

    > www.connexin.co.uk

    Hi,

    yes I know that I've configured a *lot* of these phones but you can't
    set the address book using the web interface.

    Not being able to dial a SIP URI is a pain and something that we are
    pushing Siemens to implement.

    cheers,
    Paul.

    Paul, Feb 20, 2007
  12. ian

    fa103 Guest

    On Feb 20, 6:58 am, ian <> wrote:
    > In message <>,
    > writes
    >

    > >On 19 Feb, 13:25, Paul <> wrote:
    > >> ian wrote:

    > >> [snip]

    > >> Whilst the phonebook is stored individually on each handset, it is easy
    > >> to copy it between handsets registered to the same base station. So you
    > >> only need to type it in once.

    > >> cheers,
    > >> Paul.

    > >Paul,

    > >The Siemens handset can be adjusted using its computer browser based
    > >system. Open internet explorer and type: 192.168.2.15 or 192.168.1.15
    > >depends on the make of your router. It Lets you then customise the
    > >baseset using your computer! If you need more info feel free to visit
    > >www.connexin.co.ukor email .

    > Someone has already said in this thread that you can't set up SIP
    > addresses in the address book. For me this is a show stopper, so I'm now
    > looking for another SIP/DECT combo.
    >
    > --
    > Ian- Hide quoted text -

    Hi Ian,

    At connexin we have an ATA device which allows any DECT phone to be
    turned into an internet phone. It also has a facility where it allows
    you to synchonise contacts from your computer on to the ATA and hence
    phone. If you want product inof kindly email me at
    .

    fa103, Feb 20, 2007
  13. ian

    Tim Guest

    fa103 wrote:

    > At connexin we have an ATA device which allows any DECT phone to be
    > turned into an internet phone. It also has a facility where it allows
    > you to synchonise contacts from your computer on to the ATA and hence
    > phone. If you want product inof kindly email me at
    > .

    Yeah, but in someways using an ATA is a bit iffy because you are
    introducing an analogue signalling layer into the middle. It will still
    work, but don't get some of the benefits of having a VoIP phone.

    For example, when you use an ATA with a dect phone, you are DTMF
    dialling into the ATA. This causes a delay while the digits are dialed,
    and maybe a delay while the ATA decides whether more digits are coming.

    With the Siemen's phone, you press the green button and the SIP INVITE
    is away - no waiting for DTMF.

    Tim

    Tim, Feb 20, 2007
  14. ian

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "fa103" <> wrote in message

    [snip]

    > At connexin we have an ATA device which allows any DECT
    > phone to be turned into an internet phone. It also has a
    > facility where it allows you to synchonise contacts from
    > your computer on to the ATA and hence phone. If you want
    > product inof kindly email me at .

    Ye gods I have been trying to stay quiet, but the sheer level of spam from
    this individual in the short space of a few hours beggars belief.

    I do hope this is a flash in the pan, I could do without the hassle.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Feb 20, 2007
  15. ian

    Ivor Jones Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On 10 Feb, 10:18, ian <> wrote:
    > > I'm thinking of getting a Siemens C460IP phone for use
    > > with Voipfone. Experiences anyone?
    > >
    > > --
    > > Ian

    > Hi Ian,
    >
    > The Siemens C460IP is a decent dect handset. I use it as
    > my home phone. I bought it off www.connexin.co.uk. Its
    > relatively cheap and the connexin voip service is the
    > best ive ever had!

    Give it a rest, spammer...

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Feb 20, 2007
  16. ian

    fa103 Guest

    On Feb 20, 6:58 am, ian <> wrote:
    > In message <>,
    > writes
    >

    > >On 19 Feb, 13:25, Paul <> wrote:
    > >> ian wrote:

    > >> [snip]

    > >> Whilst the phonebook is stored individually on each handset, it is easy
    > >> to copy it between handsets registered to the same base station. So you
    > >> only need to type it in once.

    > >> cheers,
    > >> Paul.

    > >Paul,

    > >The Siemens handset can be adjusted using its computer browser based
    > >system. Open internet explorer and type: 192.168.2.15 or 192.168.1.15
    > >depends on the make of your router. It Lets you then customise the
    > >baseset using your computer! If you need more info feel free to visit
    > >www.connexin.co.ukor email .

    > Someone has already said in this thread that you can't set up SIP
    > addresses in the address book. For me this is a show stopper, so I'm now
    > looking for another SIP/DECT combo.
    >
    > --
    > Ian- Hide quoted text -

    Ian,

    If you are still interested in the Siemens i can send you out a trial
    unit.

    Regards

    fa103, Feb 20, 2007