    I also know for a fact that a phone bought in France definatly works in the
    UK (just the funny plugs problems)

    James
    James, Aug 28, 2006

  2. James

    alexd Guest

    James wrote:

    > I posted here recently regard this phone, asking for reviews or people who
    > have tried them for advice, but they are not
    > apparantly that easy to get hold off. Anyway I managed to get one In
    > France, where I live. They recently became available after being out of
    > stock everywhere. Just like to say that it's a really good product, works
    > really well in my case. The SIP account that I am using is with a French
    > broadband/TV/phone operator called Free, very innovative in that they are
    > beta testing free SIP accounts which will remain free (Is that happening
    > in the UK yet ?) .. Practivcally all of europe is free + US, which gives
    > for a very useful SIP account . Also works fine with an asterisk server
    > that I set up.

    Looks like a pretty neat phone, and Open Source too. One reason you haven't
    had (m)any responses is that there don't appear to be any for sale in the
    UK, and it was only released recently. I haven't seen any other SIP+DECT
    handsets on the market, and it looks pretty cheap so it should be a killer.

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    19:40:54 up 2 days, 3:45, 1 user, load average: 0.30, 0.32, 0.23
    alexd, Aug 28, 2006

  3. James

    paul123 Guest

    alexd wrote:
    > James wrote:

    [snip]
    >> Also works fine with an asterisk server that I set up.

    > Looks like a pretty neat phone, and Open Source too. One reason you haven't
    > had (m)any responses is that there don't appear to be any for sale in the
    > UK, and it was only released recently. I haven't seen any other SIP+DECT
    > handsets on the market, and it looks pretty cheap so it should be a killer.

    Funky toy! More goodies to add to the Xmas wishlist :)
    Prices seem to be €80 - €90 from Europe, 60-odd squid - not bad
    compared to some of the wi-fi phones around. And also cheaper than
    buying a regular ATA + DECT phone
    paul123, Aug 29, 2006
  4. James

    Tim Bray Guest

    alexd wrote:

    > Looks like a pretty neat phone, and Open Source too. One reason you haven't
    > had (m)any responses is that there don't appear to be any for sale in the
    > UK, and it was only released recently. I haven't seen any other SIP+DECT
    > handsets on the market, and it looks pretty cheap so it should be a killer.

    The C460-IP, which is the UK variant of the C450-IP, will be available
    in the UK in the next few weeks. I'm not sure of the exactly delivery date.

    Tim
    Tim Bray, Sep 2, 2006