    paste a password into it - it doesn't seem to be able to cope. Need to
    type it in s-l-o-w-l-y )-:

    Gordon
    Gordon Henderson, Jun 8, 2009

  2. Gordon Henderson

    Guest

    Gordon Henderson schreef:
    > Is it me, or does the A580 have a stupidly slow web interface. The
    > previous Siemens phones I used had a slow web interface, but this is
    > like accessing the web interface via a 300 baud modem.
    >
    > It was taking up to a minute to load some pages. It took me the best
    > part of 15 miutes just to program up one base station this weekend.
    > What on earth have they done?
    >
    > Oh - a bit of advice to anyone progrmaming them up - don't try to copy &
    > paste a password into it - it doesn't seem to be able to cope. Need to
    > type it in s-l-o-w-l-y )-:
    >
    > Gordon

    I guess it somehow flashes the data into a slow media type of m e m o r
    y . .
    But it can't sing Daisy, Daisy, .......

    --
    Bedankt, Thanks,

    The Fug.

    , Jun 8, 2009

  3. Gordon Henderson

    Bodincus Guest

    Gordon Henderson:
    > Is it me, or does the A580 have a stupidly slow web interface. The
    > previous Siemens phones I used had a slow web interface, but this is
    > like accessing the web interface via a 300 baud modem.
    >
    > It was taking up to a minute to load some pages. It took me the best
    > part of 15 miutes just to program up one base station this weekend.
    > What on earth have they done?
    >
    > Oh - a bit of advice to anyone progrmaming them up - don't try to copy &
    > paste a password into it - it doesn't seem to be able to cope. Need to
    > type it in s-l-o-w-l-y )-:
    >
    > Gordon

    Hi Gordon

    1. First of all have a valid SIP registration in place, and disable the
    Giganet registration. A Siemens phone at first boot, factory settings,
    is very busy in the first three minutes registering with Giganet and
    unnecessarily polling the SIP registrations, even if empty. Give it
    something to cling on.
    2. Check the network settings in the phone: if you're using DHCP, be
    sure your router doesn't set itself as DNS server instead of passing on
    the connection DNS servers. I always set static IP settings.
    3. I have experienced massive delays in Siemens phones when the GUI has
    to pull off a dropdown list. This has been reported to Siemens umpteen
    times, to no avail. I found that reloading the page multiple times
    (CTRL-F5) speeds up the GUI a bit.

    HTH
    --
    Bodincus - The Y2K Druid
    ----------------------------
    Bodincus, Jun 8, 2009
  4. Gordon Henderson

    Graham. Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Gordon Henderson schreef:
    >> Is it me, or does the A580 have a stupidly slow web interface. The
    >> previous Siemens phones I used had a slow web interface, but this is
    >> like accessing the web interface via a 300 baud modem.
    >>
    >> It was taking up to a minute to load some pages. It took me the best
    >> part of 15 miutes just to program up one base station this weekend.
    >> What on earth have they done?
    >>
    >> Oh - a bit of advice to anyone progrmaming them up - don't try to copy &
    >> paste a password into it - it doesn't seem to be able to cope. Need to
    >> type it in s-l-o-w-l-y )-:
    >>
    >> Gordon

    > I guess it somehow flashes the data into a slow media type of m e m o r y
    > . .
    > But it can't sing Daisy, Daisy, .......

    A little trivia:
    The title is actually Daisy Bell, (A bicycle made for two). The verse before
    the chorus is almost unknown.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXiWvJhTwfU&feature=related

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%
    Graham., Jun 8, 2009
  5. Gordon Henderson

    Paul Hayes Guest

    Gordon Henderson wrote:
    > Is it me, or does the A580 have a stupidly slow web interface. The
    > previous Siemens phones I used had a slow web interface, but this is
    > like accessing the web interface via a 300 baud modem.
    >
    > It was taking up to a minute to load some pages. It took me the best
    > part of 15 miutes just to program up one base station this weekend.
    > What on earth have they done?
    >
    > Oh - a bit of advice to anyone progrmaming them up - don't try to copy &
    > paste a password into it - it doesn't seem to be able to cope. Need to
    > type it in s-l-o-w-l-y )-:
    >
    > Gordon

    The web interface on the Gigaset phones uses a silly amount of
    Javascript for no apparent reason, I find them annoyingly slow at times
    too. I'm currently using Firefox 3.0.10 (in Linux) and find it works OK
    (not great but OK), on some previous versions of Firefox it has been
    mind numbingly slow.

    cheers,
    Paul.
    Paul Hayes, Jun 9, 2009
  6. In article <4a2e4af5$0$511$>,
    Paul Hayes <> wrote:
    >Gordon Henderson wrote:
    >> Is it me, or does the A580 have a stupidly slow web interface. The
    >> previous Siemens phones I used had a slow web interface, but this is
    >> like accessing the web interface via a 300 baud modem.
    >>
    >> It was taking up to a minute to load some pages. It took me the best
    >> part of 15 miutes just to program up one base station this weekend.
    >> What on earth have they done?
    >>
    >> Oh - a bit of advice to anyone progrmaming them up - don't try to copy &
    >> paste a password into it - it doesn't seem to be able to cope. Need to
    >> type it in s-l-o-w-l-y )-:
    >>
    >> Gordon

    >The web interface on the Gigaset phones uses a silly amount of
    >Javascript for no apparent reason, I find them annoyingly slow at times
    >too. I'm currently using Firefox 3.0.10 (in Linux) and find it works OK
    >(not great but OK), on some previous versions of Firefox it has been
    >mind numbingly slow.

    I've tried Firefox Minefield as well as the current Debian version, and
    Google Chrome. All very slow for no real reason. The C460IP's were slow,
    but these are pathetically slow.

    I suspect an overly enthusiastic developer in Siemens wanting to show
    off his/her JS prowess and sitting in-front of a quad core mega gaming
    desktop to do the development on...

    It does annoy me that some manufacturers make it really hard to configure
    things up via a web interface - Polyocm phones are another bad example -
    they seem to want rebooting after every little change, rather than all
    at once (like Grandstreams)

    Gordon
    Gordon Henderson, Jun 9, 2009
  7. Gordon Henderson

    Paul Hayes Guest

    Gordon Henderson wrote:
    > In article <4a2e4af5$0$511$>,
    > Paul Hayes <> wrote:
    >> Gordon Henderson wrote:
    >>> Is it me, or does the A580 have a stupidly slow web interface. The
    >>> previous Siemens phones I used had a slow web interface, but this is
    >>> like accessing the web interface via a 300 baud modem.
    >>>
    >>> It was taking up to a minute to load some pages. It took me the best
    >>> part of 15 miutes just to program up one base station this weekend.
    >>> What on earth have they done?
    >>>
    >>> Oh - a bit of advice to anyone progrmaming them up - don't try to copy &
    >>> paste a password into it - it doesn't seem to be able to cope. Need to
    >>> type it in s-l-o-w-l-y )-:
    >>>
    >>> Gordon

    >> The web interface on the Gigaset phones uses a silly amount of
    >> Javascript for no apparent reason, I find them annoyingly slow at times
    >> too. I'm currently using Firefox 3.0.10 (in Linux) and find it works OK
    >> (not great but OK), on some previous versions of Firefox it has been
    >> mind numbingly slow.

    > I've tried Firefox Minefield as well as the current Debian version, and
    > Google Chrome. All very slow for no real reason. The C460IP's were slow,
    > but these are pathetically slow.

    Have you tried just the normal current version of Firefox 3? I'm not
    too familiar with what minefield is but it seems to be some kind of
    testing version for the next generation Firefox, so who knows where the
    javascript support is up to in it.

    I can manage A580IPs here with firefox 3.0.10 without too much trouble.

    > I suspect an overly enthusiastic developer in Siemens wanting to show
    > off his/her JS prowess and sitting in-front of a quad core mega gaming
    > desktop to do the development on...

    I suspect the same too. I've complained to them in the past about it.
    It can also make it almost impossible to remotely access phones through
    port forwards sometimes too.

    Paul Hayes, Jun 9, 2009
  8. Gordon Henderson

    Guest

    Graham. schreef:
    > <> wrote in message
    >> Gordon Henderson schreef:
    >>> Is it me, or does the A580 have a stupidly slow web interface. The
    >>> previous Siemens phones I used had a slow web interface, but this is
    >>> like accessing the web interface via a 300 baud modem.
    >>>
    >>> It was taking up to a minute to load some pages. It took me the best
    >>> part of 15 miutes just to program up one base station this weekend.
    >>> What on earth have they done?
    >>>
    >>> Oh - a bit of advice to anyone progrmaming them up - don't try to copy &
    >>> paste a password into it - it doesn't seem to be able to cope. Need to
    >>> type it in s-l-o-w-l-y )-:
    >>>
    >>> Gordon

    >> I guess it somehow flashes the data into a slow media type of m e m o r y
    >> . .
    >> But it can't sing Daisy, Daisy, .......

    > A little trivia:
    > The title is actually Daisy Bell, (A bicycle made for two). The verse before
    > the chorus is almost unknown.
    > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXiWvJhTwfU&feature=related

    Nice one ! i liked also the HAL version in 2001 :)

    --
    Bedankt, Thanks,

    The Fug.

    , Jun 9, 2009