    would be very unhappy to lose it if they think its a weapon. Any
    opinions from the group???
    Thanks

    Romeo Raabe, Mar 19, 2006

  2. Romeo Raabe wrote:
    > Going on a one week trip to Maui in 6 days, and will take my Nikon D50
    > and one SB800 flash. I am taking only a carry-on suitcase and just
    > got to wondering if the siegelite flash bracket would igve me any
    > grief going through security? If the camera and flash were on it, it
    > would look like a photographer and probably not cause any problem,
    > but I don't want to carry it like that and risk banging it around.
    > Thus the camera and flash are in my camera backpack and the flash
    > bracket is separately in the carry on packed with the clothes.
    >
    > I just noticed it looks kind of like a club laying there in the
    > suitcase all by itself with just the flash cable wrapped around it. I
    > would be very unhappy to lose it if they think its a weapon. Any
    > opinions from the group???
    > Thanks

    I don't think they are going to be looking for a club in checked
    luggage. Now carry on might be different.

    --
    Joseph Meehan

    Dia duit

    Joseph Meehan, Mar 19, 2006

  3. Romeo Raabe

    Romeo Raabe Guest

    I am only taking a carry-on, no checked luggage, my question is asking
    opinions if it will be a problem in carry-on luggage.

    Romeo Raabe, Mar 19, 2006
  4. Romeo Raabe

    TMG Guest

    Joseph Meehan wrote:
    > Romeo Raabe wrote:

    I am taking only a carry-on suitcase.

    > I don't think they are going to be looking for a club in checked
    > luggage. Now carry on might be different.

    Uhhh - see above.

    TMG, Mar 19, 2006
  5. Romeo Raabe

    Bob Salomon Guest

    In article <>,
    "Romeo Raabe" <> wrote:

    > I am only taking a carry-on, no checked luggage, my question is asking
    > opinions if it will be a problem in carry-on luggage.

    Are you planning on doing portraits or weddings on your trip or PJ?

    Why take the bracket if you are just going on vacation?

    --
    To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.

    Bob Salomon, Mar 20, 2006
  6. Romeo Raabe

    Romeo Raabe Guest

    Its a lot easier to hold the camera with it during the evening luaus
    and it takes the strain off the hot shoe

    Romeo Raabe, Mar 20, 2006
  7. Romeo Raabe

    Bob Salomon Guest

    In article <>,
    "Romeo Raabe" <> wrote:

    > Its a lot easier to hold the camera with it during the evening luaus
    > and it takes the strain off the hot shoe

    Having done a three week trip to HI in November I found bracing the
    camera against a chair, balcony, bench, wall, etc. made for very good
    support, even with nightime shots at sea, and accessory shoes are built
    to accept flash units. It won't be strained by a shoe mount flash gun.
    Leave the bracket at home and save some space and weight.

    --
    To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.

    Bob Salomon, Mar 20, 2006
  8. Romeo Raabe

    tomm42 Guest

    I have this monopod with a Gitzo ball head, pre 9/11 I was stopped
    twice when it went though screening, it did have a "weapon" look. Both
    times I was pulled aside and asked to take it out with an armed guard
    there. You could feel the tension in the room. Everyone started to
    laugh when I pulled out a thing that looked more like a walking stick
    than an Uzzi. They suggested I take the ball head off while traveling.

    Tom

    tomm42, Mar 20, 2006
  9. Romeo Raabe

    Bill Hilton Guest

    > Romeo Raabe asks ...
    >
    >I am taking only a carry-on suitcase and just got to
    >wondering if the siegelite flash bracket would igve me
    >any grief going through security?
    > I just noticed it looks kind of like a club

    I've hand-carried two Gitzo tripods several times back in the film daze
    (now my second carry-on is a laptop :) and never had a problem, rarely
    even a second look. I even asked the TSA if tripods are OK (they
    aren't on the 'banned' list) and was told in an email if it didn't have
    sharp edges it was OK. So I wouldn't worry about a flash bracket ...
    there's a list of banned items on the TSA site, btw.

    Bill

    Bill Hilton, Mar 20, 2006