Sidewinder Gotcha!

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Bigbruva, Jun 4, 2005.

  1. Bigbruva

    Bigbruva Guest

    I know 64bit is targeted as a serious workstation OS but I thought I would
    pass on my latest 64bit gotcha!
    I plugged in my Microsoft Force Feedback Wheel for the first time since
    upgrading and...nothing.
    After checking the Microsoft Web site I remembered the hardware was
    discontinued a year or so back so I guess the drivers for them when never
    ported.
    Therefore ALL Microsoft sidewinder games controllers will not work in
    Win64...ever!

    So if you have any of the following sidewinder hardware get ready to through
    them away if you upgrade to Win64:

    FreeStyle Pro
    Game Pad
    Force Feedback Pro
    Precision Pro
    Standard
    Force Feedback Wheel

    ....I love my Force Feedback Wheel <sniff>

    BB

    Bigbruva, Jun 4, 2005

  2. Bigbruva

    M. Murcek Guest

    You never know. MS probably won't do anything about it, but some
    enterprising enthusiast who codes drivers might do it for a laugh.

    M. Murcek, Jun 4, 2005

  3. Or you could make a sacrifice and keep and existing Windows XP 32-Bit
    environment for just it.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 4, 2005
  4. Bigbruva

    Bigbruva Guest

    Just reinstalling my old copy of Win32 on a new partition right now ;-)

    Colin McRae Rally 2005 and an FF Steering wheel is just too good to give up
    just yet :-D

    BB

    Bigbruva, Jun 4, 2005
  5. > >> So if you have any of the following sidewinder hardware get ready to
    > >> through them away if you upgrade to Win64:
    > >>
    > >> FreeStyle Pro
    > >> Game Pad
    > >> Force Feedback Pro
    > >> Precision Pro
    > >> Standard
    > >> Force Feedback Wheel

    Just out of curiosity, I seached sidewinder x64 on google and saw this :
    http://www.planetamd64.com/lofiversion/index.php/t4437.html
    ....thats strange cos my Sidewinder Precidion Pro II USB joystick works in
    x64 .. maybe its cos its USB and uses a generic driver ...

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXM=?=, Jun 4, 2005