    Microsoft.VC80.CRT,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50727.762"
    could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

    Please help me I have no ider what this means or how to sort it. Thank you.
    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9u?=, Sep 28, 2007

  2. Jon:
    Side-by-side errors are due to the abscence of the MS Visual C++ package.
    Download your copy for x64 from here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...2d-33c0-4a47-9dd4-b9a6d7bd44da&DisplayLang=en
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Sep 28, 2007

  3. 64bit processor/32bit plotter/ArchiCAD

    We bought a brand new Dell desktop with a 64bit processor and Windows XP. We
    need speed and a lot of memory to handle our CAD/ArchiCAD files.
    Unfortunately, the plotter to print up our architecture plans could only work
    with a 32bit. You mentioned on your website that this is something we need
    to handle directly with the printer manufacturers – explaining that we want a
    64bit plotter. Could running a 32bit plotter with a 64bit processor cause
    more computer problems? When we tried to run the ArchiCAD and plotter, they
    do not work. The ArchiCAD has crashed a few times and moves slowly. What
    are the possible problems?

    Here is more info on the computer:
    Purchased 5/29/07
    Microsoft Windows XP Professional
    Version 2002
    Service Pack 2

    Computer: Intel(R) Xeon (R) CPU
    5150 @2.66 GHz
    2.66 GHz, 3.00 GB of RAM

    Do you have any suggestions or comments on the problem. If you need more of
    an explanation, please email me.
    =?Utf-8?B?ZGVzaWduIG9uIE1hdWk=?=, Sep 28, 2007
  4. =?Utf-8?B?Sm9u?=

    Dennis Pack Guest

    Re: 64bit processor/32bit plotter/ArchiCAD

    design on Maui:
    This should have been a new post, not an answer. It seems that
    you're running a 32-bit operating system with a 64-bit processor, which
    works. What you want is to take advantage of a 64-bit operating system speed
    and memory availability. For this to happen you have to run a 64-bit
    operating system and then contact "ArchiCAD" or the program vendor to get a
    64-bit compatible programs and 64-bit drivers. The biggest road block to
    64-bit computing is the lack of good 64-bit drivers from the program makers.
    With the release of Vista x64 I haven't seen a rush of XP x64 drivers but
    the driver availability seems slightly better for Vista x64. Personally I
    think XP x64 is the strongest and most stable operating system that I've
    used but Vista x64 is trying to achieve that level and may succeed. Have a
    great day.

    --
    Dennis Pack
    XP x64 SP2, Vista Enterprise x64

    Dennis Pack, Sep 28, 2007
  5. =?Utf-8?B?Sm9u?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Re: 64bit processor/32bit plotter/ArchiCAD

    I think that XP64 is the strongest, most stable because it is built on the
    server code base, whereas Vista64 (which I haven't found to be particularly
    reliable) is built on the consumer code base. Hope your strength is
    returning.

    John Barnes, Sep 29, 2007
  6. Re: 64bit processor/32bit plotter/ArchiCAD

    John:
    Sign me in to that wish also.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Sep 29, 2007
  7. =?Utf-8?B?Sm9u?=

    Dennis Pack Guest

    Re: 64bit processor/32bit plotter/ArchiCAD

    John & Carlos:
    Thank you for thinking about me. My strength is going to take longer to
    return than I wanted. I started chemo-therapy again last week for at least 9
    weeks. I was hoping to go back to work full time October 1, 2007 but instead
    I was able to work 4 days 6 hours each plus 2 hours driving time daily last
    week. The doctor released me to work 30 hours per week last March and
    currently noted that I should be able to work 20-30 hours a week. Working 24
    hours after having chemo-therapy doesn't sound like much but it's 24 hours
    more than I was capable the last time I had chemo-therapy. I graduated from
    chemo-therapy once in December, 2006, I intend on graduating again and
    hopefully won't develop any more problems other than getting old (er). Have
    a great day.

    Dennis Pack, Sep 29, 2007
  8. I am useing Vista 64 bit and the first solution did not work as it said it
    would not work on my OS. Any more help please???

    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9u?=, Sep 29, 2007
  9. Jon:
    Did you install the downloaded vcredist.exe file?
    That should be the solution.
    If you google around you will see what I mean.
    You might want to check these places:
    http://www.crystalspace3d.org/main/Deploying_your_game_to_other_Windows_computers
    http://tydbits.com/This-application...se-the-application-configuration-is-incorrect

    Moreover, this discussion thread is about your specific problem with Quake.
    http://community.enemyterritory.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-3240.html
    The only problem is that it is in german but deals with your issue.
    See if you can extract something from there.
    I think they also recommend installing my suggestion.

    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Sep 29, 2007
  10. I didn't read every bit of it, but the German discussion also mentions
    turning off the Firewall and possibly BitDefender when installing.

    One said removing his User Account and installing as Admin helped.

    Personally, with games that are missbehaving, I believe Copy Protection
    Schemes can throw multiple 'spanners in the works' when you are
    re-installing? Usually, there is a utillity on the Install Disc ( not
    installed to HD!) that can clean away the protection before re-installing.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Sep 29, 2007
  11. Did you run the SXSTRACE.EXE?

    If so, what result did you get?