[SI] Rulz

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Eric Stevens, Aug 12, 2009.

  1. Eric Stevens

    Eric Stevens Guest

    I'm a newcomer around here and I'm scratching my head over exactly how
    it is submissions to a mandate actually work.

    http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage says "Once the photos are posted
    .... " i.e. photos - plural.

    It goes on to say "Posting of alternate shots (beyond the number
    allowed above) ... ". I may be blind, but I couldn't see any 'number
    allowed', so how many are allowed?

    The lines I have just quoted go on to say "Posting of alternate shots
    (beyond the number allowed above) is encouraged for further
    discussion, however you must post these at the website of your choice
    and post the link at r.p.e.35mm. (Please use the prefix [SI] when you
    post SI comments)." Do I take it that these may be part of the post-in
    but won't appear on the PBase gallery page?

    I would be grateful if somebody could explain whether or not multiple
    entries are permitted and how this all works.

    Eric Stevens

    Eric Stevens, Aug 12, 2009

  2. Eric Stevens

    tony cooper Guest

    On Wed, 12 Aug 2009 11:50:32 +1200, Eric Stevens
    <> wrote:

    >I'm a newcomer around here and I'm scratching my head over exactly how
    >it is submissions to a mandate actually work.
    >
    >http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage says "Once the photos are posted
    >... " i.e. photos - plural.
    >
    >It goes on to say "Posting of alternate shots (beyond the number
    >allowed above) ... ". I may be blind, but I couldn't see any 'number
    >allowed', so how many are allowed?
    >
    >The lines I have just quoted go on to say "Posting of alternate shots
    >(beyond the number allowed above) is encouraged for further
    >discussion, however you must post these at the website of your choice
    >and post the link at r.p.e.35mm. (Please use the prefix [SI] when you
    >post SI comments)." Do I take it that these may be part of the post-in
    >but won't appear on the PBase gallery page?
    >
    >I would be grateful if somebody could explain whether or not multiple
    >entries are permitted and how this all works.

    We already have a blind photographer contributing to the photo
    newsgroups. We don't need you as a back-up.

    On the page you linked to: "Anyone may be a participant, there is no
    entry form, no entry fee. A participant may submit three photos per
    mandate and may jump in at any time over the course of the round."

    That firmly, absolutely, and most assuredly establishes that a
    participant can submit one, two, or three photos per mandate.

    You can submit zero photos per mandate, but - if you do - you must
    follow-up with a post whining and moaning about how lackluster and
    uninspiring the mandate was, and how you could take sixty-leven photos
    with the FAB 5D2 that fit the mandate if you really wanted to. Not
    submitting seriously jeopardizes your standing as a participant.

    If you have never taken a photograph in your life, and wish to decline
    to submit what you have not taken, then you must contribute a series
    of posts that allege that PBase is a conspiracy of evil and that
    right-thinking people are obliged to avoid it.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Aug 12, 2009

  3. Eric Stevens

    Eric Stevens Guest

    On Tue, 11 Aug 2009 21:31:58 -0400, tony cooper
    <> wrote:

    >On Wed, 12 Aug 2009 11:50:32 +1200, Eric Stevens
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>I'm a newcomer around here and I'm scratching my head over exactly how
    >>it is submissions to a mandate actually work.
    >>
    >>http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage says "Once the photos are posted
    >>... " i.e. photos - plural.
    >>
    >>It goes on to say "Posting of alternate shots (beyond the number
    >>allowed above) ... ". I may be blind, but I couldn't see any 'number
    >>allowed', so how many are allowed?
    >>
    >>The lines I have just quoted go on to say "Posting of alternate shots
    >>(beyond the number allowed above) is encouraged for further
    >>discussion, however you must post these at the website of your choice
    >>and post the link at r.p.e.35mm. (Please use the prefix [SI] when you
    >>post SI comments)." Do I take it that these may be part of the post-in
    >>but won't appear on the PBase gallery page?
    >>
    >>I would be grateful if somebody could explain whether or not multiple
    >>entries are permitted and how this all works.

    >We already have a blind photographer contributing to the photo
    >newsgroups. We don't need you as a back-up.

    You left out the smiley. But thanks just the same. That's the
    information I need.

    Eric Stevens, Aug 12, 2009
  4. Eric Stevens

    tony cooper Guest

    On Wed, 12 Aug 2009 14:07:10 +1200, Eric Stevens
    <> wrote:

    >On Tue, 11 Aug 2009 21:31:58 -0400, tony cooper
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>On Wed, 12 Aug 2009 11:50:32 +1200, Eric Stevens
    >><> wrote:
    >>
    >>>I'm a newcomer around here and I'm scratching my head over exactly how
    >>>it is submissions to a mandate actually work.
    >>>
    >>>http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage says "Once the photos are posted
    >>>... " i.e. photos - plural.
    >>>
    >>>It goes on to say "Posting of alternate shots (beyond the number
    >>>allowed above) ... ". I may be blind, but I couldn't see any 'number
    >>>allowed', so how many are allowed?
    >>>
    >>>The lines I have just quoted go on to say "Posting of alternate shots
    >>>(beyond the number allowed above) is encouraged for further
    >>>discussion, however you must post these at the website of your choice
    >>>and post the link at r.p.e.35mm. (Please use the prefix [SI] when you
    >>>post SI comments)." Do I take it that these may be part of the post-in
    >>>but won't appear on the PBase gallery page?
    >>>
    >>>I would be grateful if somebody could explain whether or not multiple
    >>>entries are permitted and how this all works.

    >>We already have a blind photographer contributing to the photo
    >>newsgroups. We don't need you as a back-up.

    >You left out the smiley. But thanks just the same. That's the
    >information I need.

    I don't do emoticons. Anyone who can't tell the difference between a
    good natured wind-up and a rude reply can leave with their horse.

    If you want to get a feel for what has been done in past Shoot-Ins,
    check out: http://www.pbase.com/shootin

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Aug 12, 2009
  5. Eric Stevens

    Robert Coe Guest

    : <> wrote:
    :
    : >On Wed, 12 Aug 2009 11:50:32 +1200, Eric Stevens
    : ><> wrote:
    : >
    : >>I'm a newcomer around here and I'm scratching my head over exactly how
    : >>it is submissions to a mandate actually work.
    : >>
[...]

    Smileys? We ain't got no smileys. We don't need no smileys! We don't have to
    show you any steenking smileys!!

    Bob
    (old enough to think that ToSM is still one of the best movies ever made)

    Robert Coe, Aug 15, 2009
  6. Eric Stevens

    tony cooper Guest

    On Sat, 15 Aug 2009 09:26:54 -0400, Robert Coe <> wrote:

    >On Wed, 12 Aug 2009 14:07:10 +1200, Eric Stevens <>
    >wrote:
    >: On Tue, 11 Aug 2009 21:31:58 -0400, tony cooper
    >: <> wrote:
    >:
    >: >On Wed, 12 Aug 2009 11:50:32 +1200, Eric Stevens
    >: ><> wrote:
    >: >
    >: >>I'm a newcomer around here and I'm scratching my head over exactly how
    >: >>it is submissions to a mandate actually work.
    >: >>
    >: >>http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage says "Once the photos are posted
    >: >>... " i.e. photos - plural.
    >: >>
    >: >>It goes on to say "Posting of alternate shots (beyond the number
    >: >>allowed above) ... ". I may be blind, but I couldn't see any 'number
    >: >>allowed', so how many are allowed?
    >: >>
    >: >>The lines I have just quoted go on to say "Posting of alternate shots
    >: >>(beyond the number allowed above) is encouraged for further
    >: >>discussion, however you must post these at the website of your choice
    >: >>and post the link at r.p.e.35mm. (Please use the prefix [SI] when you
    >: >>post SI comments)." Do I take it that these may be part of the post-in
    >: >>but won't appear on the PBase gallery page?
    >: >>
    >: >>I would be grateful if somebody could explain whether or not multiple
    >: >>entries are permitted and how this all works.
    >: >
    >: >We already have a blind photographer contributing to the photo
    >: >newsgroups. We don't need you as a back-up.
    >:
    >: You left out the smiley. But thanks just the same. That's the
    >: information I need.
    >
    >Smileys? We ain't got no smileys. We don't need no smileys! We don't have to
    >show you any steenking smileys!!
    >
    >Bob
    >(old enough to think that ToSM is still one of the best movies ever made)

    It was a treasure, I'll grant you that.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Aug 15, 2009