SI Outdoor eating - Peter Newman Comments

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by PeterN, Jul 17, 2013.

  1. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    Bar-b-que:
    Peter Newman comments.

    I am happy to see a nice participation. I wish more of our regulars had
    participated.

    PhotoPhartz:
    001- shows the busy and happy atmosphere of an outdoor barbeque. I would
    have liked to see the a tad more detail in the shadow areas. My eye
    keeps wandering. To find a place to settle.
    002 - This certainly meets the mandate. I would have liked to see less
    of the tree and more of the cook.
    003 - Damn. You just made me hungry. If I don’t finish my comments now
    it will be your fault that I went to an early dinner. I like the way you
    used light to focus my eyes on the food.

    Bob_Flint:
    1. - Beer is an essential part of any outdoor meal. You captured the
    subject nicely. Just a nit, I would have toned down the OOF background
    to force me to focus on the grill and beer.
    2. - Nicely placed subject. Did you really turn the burger an extra
    time. It looks half cooked on the upside.
    3. - Well done. Good placement of your subjects. Did you take your
    glasses off because that burger was so juicy?

    Savageduck:
    1. - A behind the scenes look at what goes on. Well exposed. The vendors
    and I would have liked to see a customer. The two cooks are not relating
    to each other. A crop just to the left of the chef on the right would
    have made for a stronger image.
    2. - I have the same comment about the image and the ribs. Well done.
    The vertical and horizontal lines around the chef’s face adds a nice
    creative touch that takes this image out of the ordinary.
    3. - Pizza was meant to be eaten outdoors. I like the slight vingette on
    the upper corners, or was that just fortunate shadows.

    Otter:
    1. - A line of hungry, but currently patient people. A nice depiction of
    real life.
    2. - Nicely presented image. Just a nit, I would have liked to see his
    face as he was freshening up the food.
    3 - Now we know why there was a long line. To me, the red in the
    background is distracting.

    Bowser:
    1. - What can I say. The suggestion made to me was followed. <G>
    2. - All we need is the food. Otherwise, it is a nice depiction of your
    patio. I guess though, it meets the mandate.
    3. - Nice composition, well exposed, and certainly within the mandate.
    Why do I get the feeling that the chef would rather be in the pool on
    the hot day.

    Yours truly:
    Ice likker [sic]
    I wanted to get the gelatto on his tongue, but he turned away and the
    wrong moment.
    CI institution - I intensified the colors and over sharpened to
    accentuate the gaudy scene at Nathan’s
    Patience - I hope the lady didn’t ruin the nice whte dress with sauce.

    Thanks to all for playing.

    --
    PeterN

    PeterN, Jul 17, 2013

  2. PeterN

    Tony Cooper Guest

    On Wed, 17 Jul 2013 17:47:37 -0400, PeterN
    <> wrote:

    >Bar-b-que:
    >Peter Newman comments.
    >
    >I am happy to see a nice participation. I wish more of our regulars had
    >participated.

    First one I've missed since I started submitting to the SI. I just
    couldn't get any interest up on the subject. Nice shot of Coney
    Island, btw.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando FL

    Tony Cooper, Jul 18, 2013

  3. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    On 7/17/2013 7:48 PM, Tony Cooper wrote:
    > On Wed, 17 Jul 2013 17:47:37 -0400, PeterN
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >> Bar-b-que:
    >> Peter Newman comments.
    >>
    >> I am happy to see a nice participation. I wish more of our regulars had
    >> participated.
    >>

    > First one I've missed since I started submitting to the SI. I just
    > couldn't get any interest up on the subject. Nice shot of Coney
    > Island, btw.

    Thank you.

    I understand your feeling. I've been there.

    --
    PeterN

    PeterN, Jul 18, 2013
  4. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    On 7/18/2013 6:05 PM, Bowser wrote:
    > On Wed, 17 Jul 2013 17:47:37 -0400, PeterN
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >> Bowser:
    >> 1. - What can I say. The suggestion made to me was followed. <G>

    > I knew I had to shoot it as soon as I read it. Being a no-talent bum
    > with extremely limited imagination, it was perfect for me.
    >
    >> 2. - All we need is the food. Otherwise, it is a nice depiction of your
    >> patio. I guess though, it meets the mandate.
    >> 3. - Nice composition, well exposed, and certainly within the mandate.
    >> Why do I get the feeling that the chef would rather be in the pool on
    >> the hot day.

    > I think you get that feeling because he actually did want to be in the
    > pool. Luckily for all of us, John the chef did a really good job and
    > nobody went home hungry. and there were about 50 people in his back
    > yard. I only had 2 burgers, a sausage, 2 dogs, pasta salad, a few
    > bottles of brown dog ale, and the usual assortment of desserts. Yes, I
    > made a pig of myself.

    The biggest pig out at my house was when we hosted my Dive club party.
    There were thirty people. seventy five lobsters, all caught the night
    before, many of which were three and four pounders, a half bushel of
    clams, a keg of beer, and assorted other edibles.

    Next was our annual Fourth of July picnic. Everybody brought something.
    We averaged over forty, Italians & Jews. There was enough food to feed
    half of Ethiopia.

    PeterN

    PeterN, Jul 19, 2013
  5. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    On 7/18/2013 6:05 PM, Bowser wrote:
    > On Wed, 17 Jul 2013 17:47:37 -0400, PeterN
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >> Bowser:
    >> 1. - What can I say. The suggestion made to me was followed. <G>

    > I knew I had to shoot it as soon as I read it. Being a no-talent bum
    > with extremely limited imagination, it was perfect for me.

    Don't underrate yourself.

    --
    PeterN

    PeterN, Jul 19, 2013
  6. PeterN

    Tony Cooper Guest

    On Thu, 18 Jul 2013 22:14:40 -0400, PeterN
    <> wrote:

    >On 7/18/2013 6:05 PM, Bowser wrote:
    >> On Wed, 17 Jul 2013 17:47:37 -0400, PeterN
    >> <> wrote:
    >>

    >>> Bowser:
    >>> 1. - What can I say. The suggestion made to me was followed. <G>

    >> I knew I had to shoot it as soon as I read it. Being a no-talent bum
    >> with extremely limited imagination, it was perfect for me.

    >Don't underrate yourself.

    Right. That's our job.
    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando FL

    Tony Cooper, Jul 19, 2013
  7. PeterN

    PhotoPhartz Guest

    PeterN <> wrote in

    > PhotoPhartz:
    > 001- shows the busy and happy atmosphere of an outdoor barbeque. I would
    > have liked to see the a tad more detail in the shadow areas. My eye
    > keeps wandering. To find a place to settle.

    That just might be the idea.

    > 002 - This certainly meets the mandate. I would have liked to see less
    > of the tree and more of the cook.

    This shot had an element of "street" to it, if you will. I was a ways off
    and couldn't really slink subtly around to get a better angle. The two of
    'em sure looked busy though.

    > 003 - Damn. You just made me hungry. If I don't finish my comments now
    > it will be your fault that I went to an early dinner. I like the way you
    > used light to focus my eyes on the food.

    That was a heckuva good burger. Thanks for your comments.

    --

    Pat

    email: phartzATcoxDOTnet

    PhotoPhartz, Jul 19, 2013