SI Comments - Cooper

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Tony Cooper, Jan 9, 2013.

  1. Tony Cooper

    Peter Guest

    On 1/13/2013 8:56 PM, Peter wrote:
    > On 1/13/2013 8:48 PM, Savageduck wrote:

    >>> Unless I continue it after my reincarnation.

    >> So, you are a Buddhist-Christian then?
    >>

    > No! A Descatian: (Cogito ergo sum )

    Oops: that should have been "Descartian."

    --
    PeterN

    Peter, Jan 14, 2013

  2. Tony Cooper

    Peter Guest

    On 1/13/2013 9:17 PM, Savageduck wrote:
    > On 2013-01-13 18:01:46 -0800, Peter <> said:

    <snip>

    >> Oops: that should have been "Descartian."

    > Aah! A thinking, coordinated worshipper of map projections. That make
    > sense.
    >

    > I think of myself as a "Dudist" leaning atheist.
    > < http://dudeism.com/whatisdudeism/ >

    I tried that. But my wife had it confused with Aslongasyur Doism.

    "As long as you have nothing to do, do this, and while yur attit, do that.

    --
    PeterN

    Peter, Jan 14, 2013

  3. Tony Cooper

    Rob Guest

    On 10/01/2013 3:48 AM, Tony Cooper wrote:
    > http://www.pbase.com/shootin/street_photography
    >
    > Good to see "Street" shots elevated to the same importance as the
    > letter "M".
    >
    > I really wish people would give a title to their images so that when
    > we discuss an image we can be clear about which image we're
    > discussing. I'll assign titles where there are none.
    >
    > Bowser - "Streetsweeper" lacks anything of interest but the processing
    > it good for what it is. Even in "Street", we want something that is
    > self-identifying as the subject. The "Sunkist Man" has more going for
    > it, but I can't really point at the reason "Why". Maybe it's that the
    > figure is dominant in the image.
    >
    > I'm probably going to take more flak about my cropping preferences,
    > but here goes:
    >
    > Bowser's "Man on the corner" is the most interesting of his three
    > takes, but would work better as a vertical with most of the scene to
    > the right cropped out.
    >
    > That brings up something that, to me, is interesting. For "Street", I
    > prefer the cropped view, but I also see this corner as the setting for
    > another photograph with wide view but without an interesting
    > character. The perspective, the diagonals, and all those angles and
    > textures and shapes are a scene that doesn't need a central character.
    >
    > Rob - "Mak'in a Quid" is a good capture. That bare foot is great.
    > "On ya bike" is an interesting view of recurring shapes, but not what
    > I'd call "Street" even with the bike rider to the top left.
    >
    > I'm often criticized in the "Street" forum I participate in for
    > too-bright colors when I submit in color. Too much vibrancy in
    > processing, I guess. But, when it's a color image then I think you
    > let the colors show.
    >
    > Rob didn't hold back in color in "SVP", and it's one of my favorites
    > in this SI. Good thing Rob didn't pay attention to the "No
    > photography" symbol on the easel. If there's one thing I'd like to
    > see that isn't there it's a little more of the pipe. It explains the
    > smoke.

    these were all taken in Montreal on the same day.

    SVP although I don't speak French didn't want to intrude too much into
    his space. - and I was sure he wasn't going to turn around and smile.

    The bikes fascinated me and the way they hire. Bulk bikes everywhere.

    Mak'in a quid thought he was doing it hard, basic tools etc.

    > SavageDuck - "Cowboy Hat Man" is just kinda flat. The Duck should've
    > waited until the "Man on a Bench" turned a bit to the camera.

    I would have liked more of a story with this much room around the man.

    > profile could've worked. The "Juggler" is a good catch, but I'd bring
    > out the yellow of the object in the air. The image needs one of the
    > three objects up in the air, and the one that is kinda gets lost in
    > the background.

    I thought the background was too busy and more emphases should have gone
    into the juggler.

    > DanP - When people hear that I like to do "Street", they think that
    > all I shoot are bums and down-and-outers. People think that "Street"
    > means black and white, gritty shots of the seamy side. Not so.

    I tend to see lots of this sort of stuff becomes a bit repetitive after
    a while.

    > "Street" is what we see on the street. This is what Dan saw, and it
    > works well for "Street".

    I look more at vibrancy in street scenes instead of doom and gloom

    Rob, Jan 22, 2013