    or cold fire-up, it takes up to one half-hour to cajole and trick my system
    into getting underway.

    Anyone know how to fix this?
    =?Utf-8?B?YXBwcmVudGljZSBpZGlvdA==?=, Jul 15, 2007

  2. Are you running a multi-display setup, or did you exchange the old one?
    Since multiple displays are supported on most hardware today - did you
    completely un-install the old monitor? If you are having both connected,
    some trickery may be required to get it working. Many Graphics Cards
    supporting multiple outputs are only having digital output for the second
    display, if I'm not mistaken???

    Tony. . .

    "apprentice idiot" <> wrote in
    message news:...
    > Having just installed an LG L226WA monitor, the startup button on my xpc
    > SD37P2 has been rendered quasi-inoperative. Whether on reboot from

    hibernate

    Tony Sperling, Jul 15, 2007

  3. No, I simply went flatscreen. My NVIDIA card would have handled both types of
    display. But as I'm using single, this is not the case.
    Any other suggestions?

    =?Utf-8?B?YXBwcmVudGljZSBpZGlvdA==?=, Jul 15, 2007
  4. I'm about to go down and order a 30" myself, so have no real experience
    yet - first, I would try and uninstall the graphics card via Device Manager
    and the display driver too (Software Removal), then do a reboot (coldboot)
    into VGA and have Windows find the thing and set it up again.

    Please let us hear of any 'funny stuff' you experience, I'd like to be
    prepared when I go dip my toes.

    Tony. . .

    (Fail to prepare, and you'll prepare to fail!)

    "apprentice idiot" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Tony Sperling, Jul 15, 2007