    drivers for x64 using F6 but no hard drive is ever detected. I have the
    latest bios too.

    any help much appreciated

    LEES NEWS, Jun 14, 2005

  2. LEES NEWS

    Rick Guest

    LEES NEWS wrote:
    > Does anybody have a Shuttle SN85G4(version 1) if so have you had any joy
    > installing x64 with a SATA drive, ive tried various 3512 silicon image
    > drivers for x64 using F6 but no hard drive is ever detected. I have the
    > latest bios too.
    >
    > any help much appreciated

    I think you're using the wrong drivers. According to the Shuttle Web
    site, your board has the Sil3112 SATA chip, not the Sil3512. There are
    a couple for the 3112 on PlanetAMD64 you might try.

    Rick, Jun 14, 2005

  3. LEES NEWS

    Rick Guest

    Either that page is wrong, or the files for your version on the download
    page are wrong. The download files for version 1 are for a 3112. Check
    it out.

    You can also physically look at the board and see what number is on the
    Sil chip.

    Rick, Jun 14, 2005
  4. LEES NEWS

    Pieter Guest

    I am running x64 on 2 SATA drives on a SN85G4 v1.
    You have to use the RAID drivers (even if you are not using RAID) for the
    SiI3512, not the IDE drivers.
    http://www.siliconimage.com/docs/SiI3x12-Serial ATA (SATA) 64-bit Windows RAID Driver.zip

    Pieter, Jun 20, 2005