    restart normally and continue as usual. There are no further problems or
    error messages. When I go to shut down it goes through all the above crap
    above again. Any help here would be great.

    Doug, Jul 5, 2010

  2. Set your computer to not automatically reboot upon error and then when you
    get a blue screen, search on the error code received. Chances are extremely
    high that it's a driver problem, and often an updated driver can resolve it.
    But it could also be bad RAM, or some other hardware problem. But having the
    failure code will give us a fighting chance to help you resolve it.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 5, 2010

  3. Doug

    Doug Guest

    I'll do it and re-post the failure code - thanks
    Doug

    Doug, Jul 5, 2010
  4. Doug

    Doug Guest

    I finally managed to copy down the failure code, here goes.......

    *** STOP: 0x0000007f (0x0000000000000008, 0x0000000080050031,
    0x00000000000006f8, 0xfffff80002c8aa04)

    I hope this helps nail down my problem - thanks for your time
    Charlie.......................Doug
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________

    Doug, Jul 11, 2010
  5. When you receive errors like this in Windows go to www.microsoft.com and
    type your error in the search box.

    Doing so with "STOP: 0x0000007f" returns links that are intended to
    assist you in identifying your problem. It's a self-help tool.

    http://search.microsoft.com/results.aspx?form=MSHOME&mkt=en-US&setlang=en-US&q=STOP: 0x0000007f

    This type of information has been available on the Microsoft web site
    for many years. It was established to provide access to their Knowledge
    base to provide assistance in troubleshooting problems.

    Bobby Johnson, Jul 11, 2010
  6. Doug

    Doug Guest

    thanks