    When shutting down my computer from the start button (I have XP pro), everything goes off except my speakers, and the monitor. I have to manually shut these down. Is this normal?
    Thanks,
    mal
    malicet, Feb 11, 2004

  2. malicet

    John Holmes Guest

    malicet came up with this:

    > When shutting down my computer from the start button (I have XP pro),
    > everything goes off except my speakers, and the monitor. I have to
    > manually shut these down. Is this normal? Thanks,
    > mal

    If you mean you manually have to switch them off by means of their
    respective power-buttons, yes, this is normal.

    --
    Somebody is watching you.

    -John Holmes-
    John Holmes, Feb 11, 2004

  3. malicet

    Harrison Guest

    OMFG!
    No! This is in no way normal!
    When did it begin?
    Are there any other signs that your computer has been hijacked by Al
    Qaeda ?
    http://www.usdoj.gov/ag/trainingmanual.htm

    Harrison, Feb 12, 2004
  4. malicet

    Harrison Guest

    On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 00:25:32 +0100, John Holmes
    <> wrote:

    >malicet came up with this:
    >
    >> When shutting down my computer from the start button (I have XP pro),
    >> everything goes off except my speakers, and the monitor. I have to
    >> manually shut these down. Is this normal? Thanks,
    >> mal

    >If you mean you manually have to switch them off by means of their
    >respective power-buttons, yes, this is normal.
    >
    >--
    >Somebody is watching you.

    somebody needs to watch this one 24/7 :)
    Harrison, Feb 12, 2004
  5. malicet

    jose3030 Guest

    On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 19:22:58 -0500, Harrison <Harrison> wrote:

    >OMFG!
    >No! This is in no way normal!
    >When did it begin?
    >Are there any other signs that your computer has been hijacked by Al
    >Qaeda ?
    >http://www.usdoj.gov/ag/trainingmanual.htm
    >
    >On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 17:18:26 -0600, "malicet" <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>When shutting down my computer from the start button (I have XP pro), everything goes off except my speakers, and the monitor. I have to manually shut these down. Is this normal?
    >>Thanks,
    >>mal

    LOL.. be nice.
    jose3030, Feb 12, 2004
  6. malicet

    jose3030 Guest

    wrote:

    >When shutting down my computer from the start button (I have XP pro), everything goes off except my speakers, and the monitor. I have to manually shut these down. Is this normal?
    >Thanks,
    >mal

    A lot of monitors have a feature that they turn themselves off if they
    lose video feed....

    Might want to look into that. Instead of using 0watts, it uses like 5
    watts when it's in this state. When the PC is turned on again, it
    turns on automatically.
    jose3030, Feb 12, 2004