shutter release cable for canon elph digital 3 megapixel

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by frelkins, Jan 24, 2005.

  1. frelkins

    frelkins Guest

    hiya!

    my husband loves his digital canon elph 3 megapixel. so i thought for
    our anniversary one of the gifts i'd get him would be some accessories.
    does this model accept a cable shutter release? does it have any form
    of remote release?

    i see ritz camera has a remote IR control that it says works for this
    camera, but then a person in my office said it didn't. i called the
    famed b&h photo and they said there weren't any remote devices.

    but then i look at some websites that describe using a shutter release
    cable with the digital elph. are there other accessories he might
    enjoy? i already got him a nice travelling tripod.

    forgive my confusion: i do espresso, not cameras. please help a
    well-meaning wife indulge her hubby's hobby!

    thanks,

    fortune
    frelkins, Jan 24, 2005

  2. frelkins

    jfitz Guest

    "frelkins" <> wrote in message
    > my husband loves his digital canon elph 3 megapixel. so i thought for
    > our anniversary one of the gifts i'd get him would be some accessories.
    > does this model accept a cable shutter release?

    I have a Canon S230 Digital Elph and it does not accept any kind of shutter
    release or remote. Your model, may be different. Since you already have a
    tripod, the only worthwhile accessory I can think of is a Cokin Digital
    Camera Adapter and Cokin Filters. The adapter will allow him to use any of
    the Cokin Filters with his Elph. It is available as a kit with a couple of
    starter filters from B&H and other retailers. I own one and am pleased with
    it.
    jfitz, Jan 25, 2005