    Canon Ixus 50

    Canon Powershot S70

    Thanks
    nospam, Jun 27, 2005

  2. nospam

    Dirty Harry Guest

    "nospam" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am looking to purchase one of the following.
    >
    > Can anyone give me any comments about any of theses cameras, especially
    > concerning Shutter lag.
    >
    > Canon Ixus 700
    >
    > Canon Ixus 50
    >
    > Canon Powershot S70
    >

    > Thanks

    Probably massive lag on all of them...
    Dirty Harry, Jun 27, 2005

  3. In article <>,
    nospam <> wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I am looking to purchase one of the following.
    >
    > Can anyone give me any comments about any of theses cameras, especially
    > concerning Shutter lag.
    >
    > Canon Ixus 700
    >
    > Canon Ixus 50
    >
    > Canon Powershot S70
    >

    > Thanks

    The lag is caused by not having dedicated focusing and metering
    hardware. You'll probably need an SLR for fast response.
    Kevin McMurtrie, Jun 28, 2005
  4. Kevin McMurtrie wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > nospam <> wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I am looking to purchase one of the following.
    >>
    >> Can anyone give me any comments about any of theses cameras,
    >> especially concerning Shutter lag.
    >>
    >> Canon Ixus 700
    >>
    >> Canon Ixus 50
    >>
    >> Canon Powershot S70
    >>

    >> Thanks

    > The lag is caused by not having dedicated focusing and metering
    > hardware. You'll probably need an SLR for fast response.

    ... although the Nikon 8400 does better than many point-and-shoot cameras
    as it has a dual-sensor auto-focus system, and does not rely solely on
    contrast detection on the imaging sensor.

    David
    David J Taylor, Jun 28, 2005
  5. nospam

    Rick Guest

    "David J Taylor" <-this-bit.nor-this-part.uk.invalid> wrote in message
    > Kevin McMurtrie wrote:
    > > In article <>,
    > > nospam <> wrote:
    > >
    > >> Hi,
    > >>
    > >> I am looking to purchase one of the following.
    > >>
    > >> Can anyone give me any comments about any of theses cameras,
    > >> especially concerning Shutter lag.
    > >>
    > >> Canon Ixus 700
    > >>
    > >> Canon Ixus 50
    > >>
    > >> Canon Powershot S70
    > >>

    > >> Thanks

    > > The lag is caused by not having dedicated focusing and metering
    > > hardware. You'll probably need an SLR for fast response.

    > .. although the Nikon 8400 does better than many point-and-shoot cameras
    > as it has a dual-sensor auto-focus system, and does not rely solely on
    > contrast detection on the imaging sensor.

    Shutter lag on our S2 IS (with continuous focus enabled)
    is virtually non-existant. One of the formal reviews
    measured it at something like 7 hundreths of a second.
    Rick, Jun 28, 2005