    long.

    Have modern cameras/software got any better?

    Clive
    Clive, Aug 28, 2003

  2. Clive

    Zol. Guest

    Hi, if you use the manual focus & pre-meter light (press the shutter release
    1/2 way before a shot also auto focus too) then the shutter delay is
    absolutely minimal, however on full automatic you can detect upto 1/2 second
    delay (my estimate) but it`s not a problem to many on this camera (A70),
    regards ... Zol.

    "Clive" <> wrote in message
    > I am about to replace my old (very) Fujifilm MX500. I'm almost certainly
    > going to buy a Canon A70.
    >
    > One question I have is: The shutter delay on my old Fuji MX500 (time from
    > pressing shutter release to the camera actually taking the picture) was

    very

    Zol., Aug 28, 2003