    that creates this problem! But does anyone know what type of virus
    that can achieve such effect or any solution to my problem?

    , Jul 25, 2007

  2. Another Guest

    wrote:
    > I am having a serious problem with problem with a PC with Windows XP
    > as OS. Everytime I enter a site about antivirus, the webbrowser is
    > closes it self and the same happens when I disconnect Internet
    > entirely and opens a folder containing the installation executable of
    > an antivirus software. I tried to quickly start the executable but it
    > just closes down. I've suceeded to run an adware scan (using lavasoft
    > adware) , but did not solve the problem. I'm quiet sure it is a virus
    > that creates this problem! But does anyone know what type of virus
    > that can achieve such effect or any solution to my problem?

    What site? Which browser?

    Another, Jul 25, 2007

  3. Guest

    On Jul 25, 10:25 pm, Another <.> wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > I am having a serious problem with problem with a PC with Windows XP
    > > as OS. Everytime I enter a site about antivirus, the webbrowser is
    > > closes it self and the same happens when I disconnect Internet
    > > entirely and opens a folder containing the installation executable of
    > > an antivirus software. I tried to quickly start the executable but it
    > > just closes down. I've suceeded to run an adware scan (using lavasoft
    > > adware) , but did not solve the problem. I'm quiet sure it is a virus
    > > that creates this problem! But does anyone know what type of virus
    > > that can achieve such effect or any solution to my problem?

    > What site? Which browser?

    Usually it happens in internet explorer but I've tried Opera and the
    same problem occurs. All known antivris sites for example symmantec.
    Or Kasperksy's.

    , Jul 25, 2007
  4. wrote:

    > On Jul 25, 10:25 pm, Another <.> wrote:
    >> wrote:
    >>> I am having a serious problem with problem with a PC with Windows XP
    >>> as OS. Everytime I enter a site about antivirus, ...

    >> What site? Which browser?

    > Usually it happens in internet explorer but I've tried Opera and the
    > same problem occurs. All known antivris sites for example symmantec.
    > Or Kasperksy's.

    Try booting in safe mode and scanning. If that doesn't help, try and get
    some anti-malware software. See this list:
    http://k75s.home.att.net/tips.html#spyware

    ...and start with SuperAntiSpyware. If you can't get to
    http://superantispyware.com/
    on your computer, go somewhere else, and download the install file and
    burn it to a CD. Then take it home and install it off the CD. Be sure to
    (attempt to) update the database before scanning so you get the absolute
    latest files.

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jul 25, 2007