  1. PWB

    PWB Guest

    BTW I forgot to mention I'm using Windows XP home and sp2

    PWB, Oct 21, 2005

  2. PWB

    Patrick L. Guest

    Hi PWB,

    You can do it temporary with : Start -> run -> shutdown -s => for a
    shutdown
    Start -> run -> shutdown
    -r => for a restart

    Patrick L., Oct 21, 2005

  3. PWB

    why? Guest

    On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 09:57:28 GMT, PWB wrote:

    >BTW I forgot to mention I'm using Windows XP home and sp2

    Please don't start a new thread just to add that to your existing
    description. It's better to reply to your own 1st post.

    The subject line isn't that great either, searching in 24HSHD to find
    the other post , shutdown appears 1620 times. Although it's not easy to
    make it more unique, try

    looking for - windows xp shutdown
    http://groups.google.com/group/24hoursupport.helpdesk/search?q=windows xp shutdown

    Saying that, there ara a lot of previous posts with lots of links to XP
    sites and shutdown articles.

    Here they are again.

    Results 1 - 10 of 84 from Jan 1, 2005 to Oct 21
    windows xp shutdown
    group:24hoursupport.helpdesk
    (0.27 seconds)

    From an Unk post -

    Windows XP Restarts When You Try to Shut Down Your Computer
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=311806

    Windows XP Shutdown & Restart Troubleshooting
    http://www.aumha.org/a/shtdwnxp.htm

    "Windows Shutdown & Restart Center Troubleshooting in 15 Steps"
    http://aumha.org/win4/a/shutdown.htm

    "It is Now Safe to Turn Off Your Computer" Error Message When You Try to
    Shut Down Your WinXP,
    Win2000 Computer. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=810903

    Resources to Help Troubleshoot Shutdown Problems in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308029

    You cannot log off, restart, or shut down your Windows XP-based computer
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=831431

    Windows stops responding during Windows XP shut down
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307274

    You May Not Be Able to Shut Down Your Windows XP Computer
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=320008

    Boot or shutdown problems after Service Pack 2 installation
    http://www.michna.com/kb/WxSP2.htm#Boot_or_shutdown_problems_after_Se...

    Which is pretty much the same list as many other posts as it's reposted
    so many times.

    Me

    why?, Oct 21, 2005
  4. PWB bashed at the keyboard and came up with:

    > BTW I forgot to mention I'm using Windows XP home and sp2

    I forget to mention, I dont care.

    Michael Thompson, Oct 21, 2005