    Everything else is working fine.The message was'nt on long enough for me
    to read the full name.
    TIA

    graham boyle, Sep 22, 2003

  2. graham boyle

    Miggsee Guest

    Try booting into DOS, and type scanreg /restore. Pick an earlier date,
    before you tried the install.

    Otherwise, try °Mike°'s maintenance page:

    If unsuccessful, follow Jim Eshelman's shut down advice:
    http://www.aumha.org/win4/a/shutdown.htm

    Good Luck! Please post back for additional help.

    Miggsee, Sep 22, 2003

  3. graham boyle wrote:

    > i recently installed a video editing program, i am using win 98. after
    > re-booting i got a message saying a*.dll file had been over written.i
    > can't shut down the computer now, without turning the power off. Anyone
    > any suggestions about which file it will be so i can replace it.
    > Everything else is working fine.The message was'nt on long enough for me
    > to read the full name.
    > TIA

    Are you sure the video editing program works in Win98? If it does not, the
    chances are that it overwrote a similarly-named .dll for a more advanced OS
    with its own. To recover, you must replace that .dll from your install
    disk. Note that this may not have been the only file which got written
    over.
    --
    Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA
    <<Take THAT, VeriSlime!