    session?

    Thanks for any help in advance

    ClueLess
    ClueLess, Mar 24, 2006

  2. ClueLess

    Pen Guest

    "ClueLess" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > Hi to all
    >
    > In Windows 98 you can Shutdown or Restart and Restart in MS-DOS mode
    > but the last one is not available in Windows ME.
    >
    > I do work in DOS many times 'after' a Windows session and it is a
    > pain to use a startup disc to reboot to DOS or press F8 or the ctrl
    > key on restart which does not always work.
    >
    > Is there any trick to shut down to MS-DOS directly after a Windows
    > session?
    >
    > Thanks for any help in advance
    >
    > ClueLess
    > *** Free account sponsored by SecureIX.com ***
    > *** Encrypt your Internet usage with a free VPN account from
    > http://www.SecureIX.com ***

    There was/is a mod to ME to do that, however I no longer
    have it. There is one at http://www.geocities.com/mfd4life_2000/
    I've never used it though.
    Pen, Mar 24, 2006

  3. ClueLess

    Jarhead Guest

    "ClueLess" <> wrote in message

    | Hi to all
    |
    | In Windows 98 you can Shutdown or Restart and Restart in MS-DOS mode
    | but the last one is not available in Windows ME.
    |
    | I do work in DOS many times 'after' a Windows session and it is a
    | pain to use a startup disc to reboot to DOS or press F8 or the ctrl
    | key on restart which does not always work.
    |
    | Is there any trick to shut down to MS-DOS directly after a Windows
    | session?
    |
    | Thanks for any help in advance
    |
    | ClueLess
    | *** Free account sponsored by SecureIX.com ***
    | *** Encrypt your Internet usage with a free VPN account from
    http://www.SecureIX.com ***

    Start>Programs>Accessories>MS-DOS prompt ??? But does not shut down
    windows.

    --
    Jarhead
    Jarhead, Mar 24, 2006
  4. ClueLess

    ClueLess Guest

    On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 20:27:32 -0500, "Pen" <> wrote:

    >There was/is a mod to ME to do that, however I no longer
    >have it. There is one at http://www.geocities.com/mfd4life_2000/
    >I've never used it though.

    Thanks for your response. The utilities simply allow one to boot
    win-me to DOS whereas I wanted shutdown to DOS.

    Anyway the utilities allow to boot in DOS after a reboot - may be a
    round about way - still it partially solves my problem.

    Thanks again

    ClueLess
    ClueLess, Mar 27, 2006
  5. ClueLess

    Pen Guest

    "ClueLess" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 20:27:32 -0500, "Pen" <> wrote:
    >
    >>There was/is a mod to ME to do that, however I no longer
    >>have it. There is one at http://www.geocities.com/mfd4life_2000/
    >>I've never used it though.

    > Thanks for your response. The utilities simply allow one to boot
    > win-me to DOS whereas I wanted shutdown to DOS.
    >
    > Anyway the utilities allow to boot in DOS after a reboot - may be a
    > round about way - still it partially solves my problem.
    >
    > Thanks again
    >
    > ClueLess

    That's as good as it got with ME. The other alternative is 98SE.
    Pen, Mar 27, 2006
  6. ClueLess

    Baked Guest

    On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 06:25:47 +0530, ClueLess <>
    wrote:

    >In Windows 98 you can Shutdown or Restart and Restart in MS-DOS mode
    >but the last one is not available in Windows ME.

    That's because there *is* no DOS in Win Me. Technically it is there
    but MS made it impossible to use.
    Baked, Mar 28, 2006
  7. ClueLess

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    Baked wrote:
    > On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 06:25:47 +0530, ClueLess <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> In Windows 98 you can Shutdown or Restart and Restart in MS-DOS mode
    >> but the last one is not available in Windows ME.

    > That's because there *is* no DOS in Win Me. Technically it is there
    > but MS made it impossible to use.

    Bullshit. It is there, and with a minimum of work can be used. Do a
    Google for WinMe DOS

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus