    jfl Guest

    I had to reinstall win xp pro and now the computer will not shut down. Is
    here a link to fix this problem? Thanks

    jfl, Jan 31, 2006

  2. jfl

    SAS/GigN Guest

    jfl wrote:
    > I had to reinstall win xp pro and now the computer will not shut down. Is
    > here a link to fix this problem? Thanks

    Dude I would be glad to help you, but I dont understand what you are
    saying.

    Can re-word and give more infomation

    SAS/GigN, Jan 31, 2006

  3. jfl

    Guest

    well im in a computer class so to start with, i need more information.
    when u formatted did u use a bootleged xp cd. and if u did when u
    installed it what did u do next. what was the second thing u installed.
    were u online? need more information. and did u mess with the inside of
    your computer? well give more information and ill try to help ok.

    *THE JOKER*

    , Jan 31, 2006

    <http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=xp+computer+will+not+shut+down>

    --
    -bts
    -Warning: I brake for lawn deer

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jan 31, 2006
  5. wrote:

    > well im in a computer class so to start with,

    Please ask your instructor to replace your broken keyboard. It's missing
    the CAPS and SHIFT keys along with the apostrophe and a spell checker.

    "u" ?

    Then have a read of this page:

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jan 31, 2006
  6. jfl

    Scraggy Guest

    SAS/GigN wrote:
    > jfl wrote:
    >> I had to reinstall win xp pro and now the computer will not shut
    >> down. Is here a link to fix this problem? Thanks

    > Dude I would be glad to help you, but I dont understand what you are
    > saying.
    >
    > Can re-word and give more infomation

    Classic PKB.
    members. Groucho Marx

    Scraggy, Jan 31, 2006
  7. jfl

    why? Guest

    On Tue, 31 Jan 2006 09:53:29 -0500, jfl wrote:

    >I had to reinstall win xp pro and now the computer will not shut down. Is
    >here a link to fix this problem? Thanks

    Learn how to use www.google.com and search for past posts
    in 24HSHD.

    There are many posts in 24HSHD with multiple links to sites about
    shutdown issues.

    Me

    why?, Jan 31, 2006
  8. jfl

    jfl Guest

    what happened was the computer crashed with the fatal blue screen coming up
    and preventing a bootup. all attempts to fix this failed so I had to
    reinstall the os Win xp Pro. I thought I remembered the shutdown problem in
    the past but don't remember how it was fixed. The shutdown problem occurrs
    intermittenly.

    jfl, Jan 31, 2006
  9. jfl

    whosbest54 Guest

    In article <yRKDf.5$>, says...

    >I had to reinstall win xp pro and now the computer will not shut down. Is
    >here a link to fix this problem? Thanks

    http://groups.google.com/group/24hoursupport.helpdesk/msg/5cce824ca5b5ce62

    Windows XP Restarts When You Try to Shut Down Your Computer
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=311806

    Windows XP Shutdown and Restart Troubleshooting
    http://aumha.org/win5/a/shtdwnxp.php#powerdown

    "Windows Shutdown & Restart Center Troubleshooting in 15 Steps"
    http://aumha.org/win4/a/shutdown.htm

    Resources to Help Troubleshoot Shutdown Problems in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308029

    You May Not Be Able to Shut Down Your Windows XP Computer
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=320008

    whosbest54

    http://members.aol.com/whosbest54/

    http://members.aol.com/whosbest54/rmb.html