    CdLSRN Guest

    I have Win98se, cable connection. IE6 and OE6. When I shut down it hangs on "windows
    is shutting down" and I have to turn it off manually. Any ideas please. Ginny

    CdLSRN, Nov 16, 2004

  2. CdLSRN

    Miggsee Guest

    http://aumha.org/win4/a/shutdown.htm

    Miggsee, Nov 16, 2004

  3. CdLSRN

    Lisa Guest

    Go to www.windowsupdate.microsoft.com and click on the middle section
    (optional updates I think)...look for a hard drive cache update and mapped
    drives shutdown update.

    Also...
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;239887
    there is a shutdown supplement on this site and links to more shut down
    troubleshooting.

    Lisa

    Lisa, Nov 16, 2004