    Any suggestions on why my win 98 box is sometimes freezing on shutdown would
    be appreciated

    seems to just happen random

    Mark, Jul 21, 2003

  2. Mark

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 12:22:31 -0400, Mark wrote:

    > Any suggestions on why my win 98 box is sometimes freezing on shutdown would
    > be appreciated
    >
    > seems to just happen random

    There were some patches but MS never fixed the problem.

    Meat Plow, Jul 21, 2003

  3. Mark

    Shep© Guest

    Shep©, Jul 21, 2003
  4. Mark

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Meat Plow continued:

    > On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 12:22:31 -0400, Mark wrote:
    >
    >> Any suggestions on why my win 98 box is sometimes freezing on
    >> shutdown would be appreciated
    >>
    >> seems to just happen random

    > There were some patches but MS never fixed the problem.

    They issued a patch that fixed 98SE restarting instead of shutting down,
    then withdrew it a coupla months later. Luckily it had propogated enough and
    was still available here and there.
    --
    slumpy
    no more