    is chosen in the Shutdown box. I have tested the hard drive, power supply,
    bios, and motherboard. Nothing seems to jump out.

    Is there a problem with the BIOS or does it need a new switch.

    ROBERT BATES, Nov 12, 2006

  2. It doesn't sound like a hardware problem. It sounds like something in the
    software. Try to find a registry fixer software ie. "registry mechanic".
    You probably have a bunch of invalid entries, and removing them may help.

    Pensacola Computer Guys
    http://www.pensacolacomputerguys.com

    Pensacola Computer Guys, Nov 12, 2006

  3. ROBERT BATES

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    ROBERT BATES wrote:
    > I have a dell dimension 4300 computer. I installed the Full version of
    > Windows X. (Not the upgrade version.) The computer is five years old.
    >
    > The problem is that the computer will automatically restart after 'Shutdown'
    > is chosen in the Shutdown box. I have tested the hard drive, power supply,
    > bios, and motherboard. Nothing seems to jump out.
    >
    > Is there a problem with the BIOS or does it need a new switch.

    You should search Google for a solution that can be applied to the O/S,
    as this is somewhat of a common problem when software is installed. It
    has nothing to do with the BIOS or any hardware issue.

    Duane :)

    Mr. Arnold, Nov 13, 2006