    nothing comes up.

    Any ideas on what I should look for?

    ~SF~
    Senti, Nov 28, 2003

  2. Senti

    alexandrew Guest

    A lot of people complain about this problem and it happens to be one of your
    card being slightly out of the slot. Resit your cards and try rebooting and
    see what happens and post back.

    "Senti" <> wrote in message
    > I am running WinXP on a P4 1.8 with 512MB RAM...
    >
    > I recently moved. My computer was working fine before the move, but ever
    > since I got it set back up, I've been having trouble shutting it down and
    > rebooting. It goes through the shutdown/reboot as normal, but it hangs

    just
    > before it actually shuts down and just shows the blue background colour

    from
    > the Welcome screen.
    >
    > I haven't added or changed *anything* (auto detecting for IP and so on

    with

    alexandrew, Nov 28, 2003

  3. Senti

    °Mike° Guest

    As the other poster suggested, check all of your connections,
    particularly inside the box. These can become loose during
    a move. If you still have problems after checking those, take
    a look at Jim Eshelman's troubleshooter.

    Windows XP Shutdown & Restart Troubleshooting
    http://aumha.org/win5/a/shtdwnxp.htm

    Also:

    Resources to Help Troubleshoot Shutdown Problems in Windows XP

    On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 20:55:51 -0600, in
    <bq6di5$1u12vm$-berlin.de>
    Senti scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Nov 28, 2003
  4. Senti

    Senti Guest

    That doesn't seem to be the problem. I reseated my cards a couple of times
    (to be sure) and still with the problem.

    But thanks, that's something I *should* have thought on my own.. D'oh!

    ~SF~

    Senti, Nov 29, 2003
  5. Senti

    Senti Guest

    Thanks Mike.. I'll check those out as soon as I get a chance...

    ~SF~

    Senti, Nov 29, 2003
  6. Senti

    °Mike° Guest

    You're welcome, and good luck.

    On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 13:58:05 -0600, in
    <bqatqq$20f57n$-berlin.de>
    Senti scrawled:

    °Mike°, Nov 29, 2003
  7. Senti

    Senti Guest

    Just an update... The links didn't help with the shutdown problem. It
    started getting worse and then everything else started going to pot...

    I'm wondering if the cold or vibration during the move managed to corrupt
    some data...

    Anyway, reformatted a new drive and so far so good! :D

    Senti, Dec 10, 2003