    performed an illegal operation and will shut down. Unfortunately it doesnt
    shut down so i have to turn off manually which results in scan disk running
    when i start up next time.Many thanks if you have any ideas.
    Paul, Sep 9, 2003

  2. Paul

    Miggsee Guest

    If you state what operating system you are using, you might get a great help
    solution! :)

    "Paul" <> wrote in message
    > Can anyone help. When i shutdown i get a message - Explorer This program

    has

    Miggsee, Sep 9, 2003

  3. Paul

    Paul Guest

    Yes of course my mistake !!! Im using windows 98

    Paul, Sep 9, 2003
  4. Paul

    Miggsee Guest

    Try this site, Paul! Jim Eshelman is the definitive shutdown problem
    solution. :)

    Good Luck, and post back if you have problems. Please list what you have
    tried if unsuccessful.

    I doubt you'll have troubles!

    :)

    Miggsee, Sep 9, 2003
  5. Paul

    Miggsee Guest

    It would help if I gave you the link <VBEG>
    http://aumha.org/win4/a/shutdown.htm

    Miggsee, Sep 9, 2003
  6. Paul

    Steven Guest

    i got annoyed waiting for 98 to shut down so save all your work etc and
    press alt ctrl del twice to it restarts and then power off ;-) not the right
    way but there ya go its a bit quicker

    Steven, Sep 10, 2003
  7. Paul

    Boomer Guest

    Steven said:

    > i got annoyed waiting for 98 to shut down so save all your work
    > etc and press alt ctrl del twice to it restarts and then power
    > off ;-) not the right way but there ya go its a bit quicker

    Why tell Miggsee this?
    Paul had the problem.

    Boomer, Sep 10, 2003
  8. Paul

    Miggsee Guest

    "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    > Steven said:
    >
    > > i got annoyed waiting for 98 to shut down so save all your work
    > > etc and press alt ctrl del twice to it restarts and then power
    > > off ;-) not the right way but there ya go its a bit quicker

    > Why tell Miggsee this?
    > Paul had the problem.

    :) LOL! Thanks, Boomer! :)
    Miggsee, Sep 10, 2003
  9. Paul

    Boomer Guest

    Miggsee said:

    > "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    >> Steven said:
    >>
    >> > i got annoyed waiting for 98 to shut down so save all your work
    >> > etc and press alt ctrl del twice to it restarts and then power
    >> > off ;-) not the right way but there ya go its a bit quicker

    >> Why tell Miggsee this?
    >> Paul had the problem.

    >:) LOL! Thanks, Boomer! :)

    I think people just like to talk to you, Miggsee. ;)

    YW :)
    Boomer, Sep 10, 2003