    Overnight is it safe to put the PC in HIBERNATE rather than shutdown mode.

    Cheers

    Dee

    Deebrief, Dec 17, 2009

  2. On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 10:50:20 -0000, Deebrief wrote:

    > Overnight is it safe to put the PC in HIBERNATE rather than shutdown mode.
    >

    > Cheers
    >

    > Dee

    Yes, it is perfectly safe to use Hibernate mode. Just be careful sometimes
    a desktop will bring itself out of Hibernate mode on its own to run various
    tasks. If that is a problem there is a setting to prevent that (I don't
    remember where off hand) or if all else fails disconnect the power cord.
    Remember hibernate copies the RAM to a file on the hard disk and powers
    off. I use hibernate all the time on my desktop.

    John McFerren, Dec 17, 2009

  3. Deebrief

    Don McKenzie Guest

    igotsaurus wrote:
    > It will not hurt your computer.
    > No version of Windows will stably go in and out of hibernation for very
    > long: you will have to reboot at some point.

    windows will make you re-boot from time to time, so that will cover it.

    I hibernate Netbooks and PCs, and have done so for many years.

    Cheers Don...

    --
    Don McKenzie

    Site Map: http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
    Web Camera Page: http://www.dontronics.com/webcam
    No More Damn Spam: http://www.dontronics.com/spam

    The World's First Large-Scale, Multi-User, Real Time System.
    http://www.dontronics.com/first_multi_user_real_time.html

    Don McKenzie, Dec 20, 2009
  4. Deebrief

    Yvan Hall Guest

    www.superaffiliate7.com

    Log on to Find out how you can make money by clicking my Web Site.
    You will find good Affiiliates for health products, such as EDTA-Oral
    Chelation,
    Apricot kernels for cancer treament, Other affiliates are for Computers,
    household products, Satellite TV (You may watch International Channel on
    your Computer),
    Download Commmercial Movies, Email, Free Horoscope.

    Yvan Hall, Jan 10, 2010