    Could anyone pls tell me how can i retrive back "Shutdown" in my
    start menu?

    Thnx in advance
    vik, Aug 8, 2006

  2. In article <>,
    "vik" <> wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I downloaded some software from internet. After installation i founded
    > that "Shutdown" disappeared from START menu. Even it was also not
    > visible when i pressed CTRL+ALT+DEL.Now , i am having a problem in
    > switching off the PC.
    > I have winows2000 OS installed in my system.
    > Could anyone pls tell me how can i retrive back "Shutdown" in my
    > start menu?
    >
    > Thnx in advance

    Mind telling us what software this was that you downloaded and
    installed? Might give a big clue..
    David Matthew Wood, Aug 8, 2006

  3. vik

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Tue, 08 Aug 2006 00:07:55 -0700, vik wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I downloaded some software from internet. After installation i founded
    > that "Shutdown" disappeared from START menu. Even it was also not visible
    > when i pressed CTRL+ALT+DEL.Now , i am having a problem in switching off
    > the PC.
    > I have winows2000 OS installed in my system. Could anyone pls tell me how
    > can i retrive back "Shutdown" in my start menu?

    Try uninstalling the software you installed right before your problems
    started.

    --
    COOSN-266-06-25794

    Meat Plow, Aug 8, 2006
  4. vik enlightened us 24hoursupport.helpdesk - (ab)users with:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I downloaded some software from internet. After installation i founded
    > that "Shutdown" disappeared from START menu. Even it was also not
    > visible when i pressed CTRL+ALT+DEL.Now , i am having a problem in
    > switching off the PC.
    > I have winows2000 OS installed in my system.
    > Could anyone pls tell me how can i retrive back "Shutdown" in my
    > start menu?

    Which software - does it aim to lock down the pc or give a own handle
    for shutdown/powersave?
    You may try gpedit.msc ... at least there are *adm templates for such
    settings, somewhere. Maybe you should look for "registry system
    wizard".
    Walter Mautner, Aug 9, 2006
  5. vik

    vik Guest

    Hello,

    I have already uninstalled the software but can't recover my "Shutdown"
    menu item.
    Can u pls suugest some way to recover it?
    Thnx

    vik, Aug 9, 2006
  6. vik

    vik Guest

    Hello,

    Thnx alot for U'r very kind help to me.

    I did it what u have mentioned.
    i got my sol. from gpedit.msc........... where i disabled the
    "shutdown" option and got back "Shutdown" in Start menu.

    Thnx

    vik, Aug 9, 2006