Shutdown Error Message(XP)The instruction 0X77f69cd reference memory 0X00000000

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Bob, Oct 20, 2007.

  1. Bob

    Bob Guest

    Hi
    When using my laptop--which seems to run fne otherwise, the following
    error message comes up sometimes and it stays only for a few seconds.
    However, below is a copy of the complete message:

    The instruction 0X77f69cd referenced memory 0X00000000)

    The memory cannot be written

    Do you want to?

    (Shows OK and Cancel)

    Click on OK to terminate the program

    Or Click Cancel to debug the program

    I somehow believe it is either a virus or spyware, but am looking for
    definitive information.

    Can someone point out or point me to a solution?

    Thanks
    Bob

    Bob, Oct 20, 2007

  2. Bob

    Another Guest

    Re: Shutdown Error Message(XP)The instruction 0X77f69cd referencememory 0X00000000

    Bob wrote:
    > Hi
    > When using my laptop--which seems to run fne otherwise, the following
    > error message comes up sometimes and it stays only for a few seconds.
    > However, below is a copy of the complete message:
    >

    > The instruction 0X77f69cd referenced memory 0X00000000)
    >
    > The memory cannot be written
    >
    > Do you want to?
    >
    > (Shows OK and Cancel)
    >
    > Click on OK to terminate the program

    What is the program?

    > Or Click Cancel to debug the program
    >
    > I somehow believe it is either a virus or spyware, but am looking for
    > definitive information.

    This type of message does not indicate a virus or spyware. It indicates
    a program that is attempting to access an invalid memory address at
    shutdown.

    Another, Oct 22, 2007

  3. Bob

    meerkat Guest

    "Bob" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    > When using my laptop--which seems to run fne otherwise, the
    > following
    > error message comes up sometimes and it stays only for a few
    > seconds.
    > However, below is a copy of the complete message:
    >

    > The instruction 0X77f69cd referenced memory 0X00000000)
    >
    > The memory cannot be written
    >
    > Do you want to?
    >
    > (Shows OK and Cancel)
    >
    > Click on OK to terminate the program
    >
    > Or Click Cancel to debug the program
    >
    > I somehow believe it is either a virus or spyware, but am looking
    > for
    > definitive information.
    >
    > Can someone point out or point me to a solution?

    Check your Event Viewer for errors.

    meerkat, Oct 22, 2007
  4. Re: Shutdown Error Message(XP)The instruction 0X77f69cd referencememory 0X00000000

    Bob wrote:
    > Hi
    > When using my laptop--which seems to run fne otherwise, the following
    > error message comes up sometimes and it stays only for a few seconds.
    > However, below is a copy of the complete message:
    >

    > The instruction 0X77f69cd referenced memory 0X00000000)
    >
    > The memory cannot be written
    >
    > Do you want to?
    >
    > (Shows OK and Cancel)
    >
    > Click on OK to terminate the program
    >
    > Or Click Cancel to debug the program
    >
    > I somehow believe it is either a virus or spyware, but am looking for
    > definitive information.
    >
    > Can someone point out or point me to a solution?
    >

    > Thanks
    > Bob

    GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND DUMBASS.

    Paige D'Winter, Oct 23, 2007