    infected with a virus, if so can any one help me by suggesting a course of
    action

    Thanks a lot
    Diofantos Kontos, Sep 17, 2005

  2. Diofantos Kontos

    philo Guest

    "Diofantos Kontos" <> wrote in message
    news:5WVWe.6388$...
    >I hope some one can help me with this problem:
    >
    > My computer which runs on WinXP Home, started popping the "Shut Down
    > Windows" window by itself in the middle of any program I am running. Is it
    > infected with a virus,

    <snip>
    run your virus checker and find out
    philo, Sep 17, 2005

  3. Diofantos Kontos

    JP Guest

    http://www.pcservicecall.co.uk/layout.aspx?ID={fe139007-b1fb-4cea-8f12-34a5008414da}&CatID={45712ef7-9ce7-49f4-aa10-afb4bffc8174}

    does that sound like what you've got?
    JP, Sep 17, 2005
  4. Hi JP,

    Thanks for the reply. No the "Shut down window" I mention is the normal one
    that we get when we press the "shut down" button from the start button.
    I run Spybot - search & repair, Ad-Aware, Norton's online Virus detection,
    but nothing came up.
    Any other programs to run?

    Diofantos Kontos, Sep 18, 2005