    I wonder if some programme may have altered the properties?
    How can I fix this?
    thanks......
    miss calm, Apr 1, 2004

  2. miss calm

    Emrys Davies Guest

    Only reason I can think of is that you had previously selected
    'Standby', which is a very sensible mode during the day. Go to Start >
    Shutdown > Select a mode > Help > for some useful explanations of these
    options.

    Regards,
    Emrys Davies.

    "miss calm" <> wrote in message
    > For some reason whenever I select 'shut down' from the Start Menu I

    find
    > that my shut-down in the small 'shut-down' menu (which appears in the

    centre

    Emrys Davies, Apr 1, 2004

  3. On Thu, 1 Apr 2004 13:13:52 +0100, "miss calm" <>,wrote:

    >For some reason whenever I select 'shut down' from the Start Menu I find
    >that my shut-down in the small 'shut-down' menu (which appears in the centre
    >of the desktop) is in 'stand-by' mode.
    >I have to retick the box to 'shut-down' everytime.
    >I wonder if some programme may have altered the properties?
    >How can I fix this?
    >thanks......

    Sounds like your PC is knackerd
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22=B0Mike=B0=22?=, Apr 1, 2004
  4. miss calm

    Unk Guest

    On Thu, 1 Apr 2004 13:13:52 +0100, "miss calm" <> wrote:

    >For some reason whenever I select 'shut down' from the Start Menu I find
    >that my shut-down in the small 'shut-down' menu (which appears in the centre
    >of the desktop) is in 'stand-by' mode.
    >I have to retick the box to 'shut-down' everytime.
    >I wonder if some programme may have altered the properties?
    >How can I fix this?
    >thanks......

    Try this:
    Check the "Shutdown" box, then click "OK"
    The next time you shutdown, the box will already be checked.
    If you want to restart, don't check the box, just double-click "Restart"
    The box that you check, then click "OK" is the box that will STAY checked.
    Unk, Apr 2, 2004