    this could have anything to do with it.

    The machine has always turned itself off automatically without any
    problem.

    Newgene, Mar 21, 2005

  2. Newgene

    why? Guest

    On 21 Mar 2005 12:53:55 -0800, Newgene wrote:

    >I upgraded my whitebox pentium III from Windows 98 to XP Home SP2.
    >Everything went smoothly and everything works perfect except my machine
    >will not shut all the way down now. It goes to a dark gray screen and
    >the hard drive light will not go off.

    <snip>

    XP shutdown info.

    http://groups-beta.google.com/group/24hoursupport.helpdesk
    Check the Unk and Mike posts for more links, sometimes 8 or 9 releated
    to shutdowns.
    http://groups-beta.google.com/group/24hoursupport.helpdesk/search?q=xp shutdown

    http://www.aumha.org/win5/a/shtdwnxp.htm

    "Windows Shutdown & Restart Center Troubleshooting in 15 Steps"
    http://aumha.org/win4/a/shutdown.htm

    http://www.theeldergeek.com/

    Me

    why?, Mar 21, 2005