Shut down problem

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Clive Bundy, Nov 29, 2004.

  1. Clive Bundy

    Clive Bundy Guest

    OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
    Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 1 Build 2600
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Name MR_CLIVE_BUNDY
    System Manufacturer ASUSTeK Computer INC.
    System Model A7N8X2.0
    System Type X86-based PC
    Processor x86 Family 6 Model 6 Stepping 2 AuthenticAMD ~1730 Mhz
    BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies, LTD ASUS A7N8X2.0 ACPI BIOS Rev
    1007, 06/10/2003
    SMBIOS Version 2.2
    Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
    System Directory C:\WINDOWS\System32
    Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2
    Locale United States
    Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)"
    User Name MR_CLIVE_BUNDY\MR CLIVE BUNDY
    Time Zone GMT Standard Time
    Total Physical Memory 512.00 MB
    Available Physical Memory 168.17 MB
    Total Virtual Memory 1.72 GB
    Available Virtual Memory 1.11 GB
    Page File Space 1.22 GB
    Page File C:\pagefile.sys

    Anybody offer some advice/help.
    When I close down the PC will "sometimes freeze in "Saving Settings" or
    Windows is closing Down
    I can find no programs running in the back ground (There may be some I cant
    find)
    any suggestions greatly appreciated
    TIA Clive

    Clive Bundy, Nov 29, 2004

  2. Clive Bundy

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "Clive Bundy" <> wrote in

    > Anybody offer some advice/help.
    > When I close down the PC will "sometimes freeze in "Saving Settings"
    > or Windows is closing Down
    > I can find no programs running in the back ground (There may be some I
    > cant find)
    > any suggestions greatly appreciated
    > TIA Clive

    You can try the tip in the link on the shutdown. I am sure there are more
    solutions out on Goggle.

    http://www.geocities.com/johnniemccoy/tipstricks.html

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Nov 29, 2004