    did all that the PC was shutting off automatically and now that I got every
    thing installed it dose not shut off now. I installed all the patches
    including SP2. How do I get that PC to shut off automatically?

    Viper, Sep 8, 2004

  2. Viper

    PuppyKatt Guest

    Please define "automatically."

    "Viper" <> wrote in message
    news:FuF%c.12905$...
    :I had to format and reinstall Win XP home on my mom and dads PC . Be
    for I
    : did all that the PC was shutting off automatically and now that I got
    every
    : thing installed it dose not shut off now. I installed all the patches
    : including SP2. How do I get that PC to shut off automatically?
    :
    :
    :
    :

    PuppyKatt, Sep 8, 2004

  3. Viper

    Viper Guest

    When you click start, - Turn off Computer -, Turn Off - The PC turns off
    after a few seconds. ( Which means NO power, Turn off by its self) (DAH)
    What do you think automatically means???? LOL I get a message saying "
    It is now safe to turn off you Comouter". I do not want to see that message.
    I want it to shut off automatically. I checked that BIOS and nothing has
    changed. It has to be some thing in Windows XP home. Not sure what.

    Viper, Sep 8, 2004
  4. Viper

    why? Guest

    On Wed, 8 Sep 2004 11:24:21 -0400, Viper wrote:

    >I had to format and reinstall Win XP home on my mom and dads PC . Be for I
    >did all that the PC was shutting off automatically and now that I got every
    >thing installed it dose not shut off now. I installed all the patches
    >including SP2. How do I get that PC to shut off automatically?

    Try
    http://www.theeldergeek.com/index.htm
    http://aumha.org/

    Several articles on shutdown issues.

    Me

    why?, Sep 8, 2004
  5. Viper

    ICee Guest

    Viper wrote:
    > I had to format and reinstall Win XP home on my mom and dads PC . Be
    > for I did all that the PC was shutting off automatically and now that
    > I got every thing installed it dose not shut off now. I installed all
    > the patches including SP2. How do I get that PC to shut off
    > automatically?

    "It is Now Safe to Turn Off Your Computer" error message when you try to
    shut down your computer
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=810903

    ICee, Sep 8, 2004
  6. Viper

    PuppyKatt Guest

    Well, my first experience with XP was when my friend's sister's computer
    was "automatically" shutting down. She had, along with Blaster, more
    than 16 viruses, more than 600 bad guys that came up after I installed
    and ran AdAware, and a host of other problems. So, "automatically" can
    be good or bad, thus my request for you to define.

    "Viper" <> wrote in message
    : When you click start, - Turn off Computer -, Turn Off - The PC turns
    off
    : after a few seconds. ( Which means NO power, Turn off by its self)
    (DAH)
    : What do you think automatically means???? LOL I get a message
    saying "
    : It is now safe to turn off you Comouter". I do not want to see that
    message.
    : I want it to shut off automatically. I checked that BIOS and nothing
    has
    : changed. It has to be some thing in Windows XP home. Not sure what.
    :
    :
    : "PuppyKatt" <> wrote in message
    : news:zkG%c.2199$...
    : > Please define "automatically."
    : >
    : > "Viper" <> wrote in message
    : > news:FuF%c.12905$...
    : > :I had to format and reinstall Win XP home on my mom and dads PC .
    Be
    : > for I
    : > : did all that the PC was shutting off automatically and now that I
    got
    : > every
    : > : thing installed it dose not shut off now. I installed all the
    patches
    : > : including SP2. How do I get that PC to shut off automatically?
    : > :
    : > :
    : > :
    : > :
    : >
    : >
    :
    :
    :

    PuppyKatt, Sep 8, 2004
  7. Viper

    Viper Guest

    Ok. sorry. I was not sure what you really did not know what you were meaning
    by asking me to define automatically. But in my case it is good.

    Viper, Sep 8, 2004