    My question is how could I shut down my computer without manually shutting
    it down?
    TIA
    alexandrew, Dec 19, 2003

  2. alexandrew

    ftran999 Guest

    "alexandrew" <> wrote in message
    news:J6wEb.19585$...
    > My OS is Win 2000PRO, and my problem is, everytime I shut down my

    computer,
    > I get a message indicating
    > "it is safe to shut down your computer now" which then I have to shut down
    > computer manually.
    > My question is how could I shut down my computer without manually shutting
    > it down?
    > TIA

    It could be a software conflict with on of the programs that are still
    running when you shut down such as a firewall or AV.
    You can identify this by shutting down the running programs one at a time to
    isolate the problem if this is the case. Myself, I had the same problem
    (only using W98se) and traced the problem to Zone Alarm.
    ftran999, Dec 19, 2003