    just started doing this. All I have done is join a wireless network. Please
    help.
    Thanks

    Wayne, Nov 10, 2003

  2. Wayne

    °Mike° Guest

    Details?
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    Jim Eshelman's Windows Shutdown Troubleshooter
    http://aumha.org/win4/a/shutdown.htm

    On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 13:06:40 -0500, in
    <>
    Wayne scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Nov 10, 2003

  3. Wayne

    nemo Guest

    What operating system?

    Regards

    nemo

    nemo, Nov 10, 2003
  4. Wayne

    wntw Guest

    Windows Me.

    wntw, Nov 10, 2003
  5. Wayne

    Jimmy Dean Guest

    wrote:

    >For some reason my computer will not shut down. It goes into a restart when
    >I want to shut down. I have checked the correct box for shut down and it
    >just started doing this. All I have done is join a wireless network. Please
    >help.
    >Thanks

    Need more details but the network card driver is often a cause of this
    problem

    jd

    Jimmy Dean, Nov 10, 2003
  6. Wayne

    wntw Guest

    I just put in a linksys wireless network card. It seemed to working fine at
    first though.

    wntw, Nov 11, 2003
  7. Wayne

    Jimmy Dean Guest

    On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 20:39:42 -0500, "wntw" <> wrote:

    >I just put in a linksys wireless network card. It seemed to working fine at
    >first though.

    The card will work fine but its driver may have the unfortunate side
    effect of causing Me to restart rather than shutdown. Try uninstalling
    the card and see how the shutdown responds.

    jd

    Jimmy Dean, Nov 11, 2003
  8. Wayne

    Wayne Guest

    Thank you, I'll try that see what happens.

    Wayne, Nov 11, 2003
  9. Wayne

    nemo Guest

    If you haven't got it sorted you might want to take a look at this
    page:

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;273746

    Regards

    nemo

    nemo, Nov 11, 2003
  10. Wayne

    Travis S. Guest

    Why not uninstall the software that came with it and see if that change
    anything at all.

    Some software does hinder the OS's ability to shutdown properly. I am
    assuming you have no problem shutting down from safemode.

    Travis S., Nov 25, 2003