SHUSTAK - best NZ documentary 2009

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by NotSure, Mar 7, 2009.

  1. NotSure

    NotSure Guest

    http://www-2.net/y23.stock.pictures/20090302-shustak/

    Doco about '60s NYC photographer & pop philosopher Larence N. Shustak
    (1926-2003) who in 1973 suddenly up and left USA, family & friends and
    went to Christchurch, New Zealand, where he set about blowing a few
    minds!

    2009 WINNER:
    Best NZ Feature Documentary
    Best NZ Emerging Film-maker

    **** GO AND WATCH THIS INSPIRATION OF A MAN *****

    Wellington Regent on Manners

    8.00pm Mon 16 March incl Q&A with director
    12.30pm Wed 18 March
    11.00am Fri 20 March

    Christchurch Regent on Worcester

    8.00pm Mon 30 March incl Q&A with director
    12.30 pm Wed 1 April
    11.00am Fri 3 April

    Dunedin The Octagon

    8.00pm Mon 30 March
    12.30 pm Wed 1 April
    11.00am Fri 3 April

    http://www-2.net/y23.stock.pictures/20090302-shustak/

    NotSure, Mar 7, 2009

  2. NotSure

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Re: SHHHUSH - best NZ documentary 2009

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs NotSure wrote:
    > http://www-2.n.pictures/20090302-shista/
    >

    > Doco about '60s NYC photographer & pop philosopher Larence N. Shustak
    > (1926-2003) who in 1973 suddenly up and left USA, family & friends and
    > went to Christchurch, New Zealand, where he set about blowing a few
    > minds!
    >
    > 2009 WINNER:
    > Best NZ Feature Documentary
    > Best NZ Emerging Film-maker
    >
    > **** GO AND WATCH THIS INSPIRATION OF A MAN *****

    Great! I see shite like this yet it was only yesterday I found out that
    Summer Glau was in Auckland in '06 for a convention. Why did nobody spam
    nz.comp with that little gem? After all, she does act in the "Terminator:
    The Sarah Connor Chronicles" (vaguely computer-related) and was in the
    excellent "Firefly" as well as "The 4400". Now there's someone I would have
    gone to see.

    Shustak? He's just trying to make more money to increase the comfort level
    of his retirement while he dabbles in film. (Not hard to be a big fish in a
    small pond.). Nothing new to see there.

    (Spamming bitch NotSure.)
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Mar 7, 2009

  3. NotSure

    Me Guest

    ~misfit~ wrote:

    > Shustak? He's just trying to make more money to increase the comfort level
    > of his retirement while he dabbles in film. (Not hard to be a big fish in a
    > small pond.). Nothing new to see there.

    O' ****'n oath there's something new to see - you idiot!
    A dead man enjoying his retirement - that should give us all hope.

    Me, Mar 9, 2009
  4. NotSure

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs Me wrote:
    > ~misfit~ wrote:
    >
    >> Shustak? He's just trying to make more money to increase the comfort
    >> level of his retirement while he dabbles in film. (Not hard to be a
    >> big fish in a small pond.). Nothing new to see there.
    >>

    > O' ****'n oath there's something new to see - you idiot!

    Something new from a man you tell me in the next sentence is dead? It's a
    miracle!

    So he was stuffed and mounted? The post I replied to said:

    "**** GO AND WATCH THIS INSPIRATION OF A MAN *****"

    Spam is spam and as such replies to it don't deserve much research.

    Bastard! (Well, you called me idiot...) You made me click on a spammer's
    link. Instead of the above quote the spammer should have wriiten that he was
    whoring for a film maker who is riding on Shustak's coat-tails rather than
    writing it as if attendees will actually be seeing the man himself.

    Meh! Life's too short for spam and this shit, better things to do....
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Mar 9, 2009