    Ideally I would want to keep the scene selection menus, and all the
    chapter marks in the main movie, but I don't seem to be able to do this
    in dvd shrink, any other programs that can do it?

    Richard, Jun 28, 2007

  2. Richard

    Geoff Guest

    On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 18:53:16 +1200, Richard wrote:

    > Is there any easy way to do this? Some of the discs I have being ripping
    > have annoying unskippable crap at the start, and normally I leave it
    > there since it becomes skippable, but the last disc I did had over 400
    > megs of it dedicated to about 6 different language versions of "you
    > wouldnt steal a car" about 4 times when looking thru the list in dvd
    > shrink, I chose to replace them with a still, but its still a PITA.
    >
    > Ideally I would want to keep the scene selection menus, and all the
    > chapter marks in the main movie, but I don't seem to be able to do this
    > in dvd shrink, any other programs that can do it?

    AnyDVD skips usually skips that crap, + CloneDVD to rip and copy =
    happiness.

    Geoff, Jun 28, 2007

  3. In message <>, Richard wrote:

    > Is there any easy way to do this?

    I've used k9copy.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jun 28, 2007
  4. Richard

    KiwiBrian Guest

    "Geoff" <> wrote
    > On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 18:53:16 +1200, Richard wrote:
    >> Is there any easy way to do this? Some of the discs I have being ripping
    >> have annoying unskippable crap at the start, and normally I leave it
    >> there since it becomes skippable, but the last disc I did had over 400
    >> megs of it dedicated to about 6 different language versions of "you
    >> wouldnt steal a car" about 4 times when looking thru the list in dvd
    >> shrink, I chose to replace them with a still, but its still a PITA.
    >> Ideally I would want to keep the scene selection menus, and all the
    >> chapter marks in the main movie, but I don't seem to be able to do this
    >> in dvd shrink, any other programs that can do it?

    > AnyDVD skips usually skips that crap, + CloneDVD to rip and copy =
    > happiness.

    Has anyone had problems with this exact combination used to rip DVDs that
    contain more than one seperate movies on the same DVD, as for example the
    BBC Sherlock Holmes series, where there are often two seperate dramas on the
    same DVD?
    The question is whether the entire DVD is copied, or just the first drama.
    I strongly suspect a problem.
    In this situation DVDShrink plus/with Nero works correctly.

    KiwiBrian, Jun 28, 2007
  5. Richard

    JohnO Guest

    On Jun 28, 6:53 pm, Richard <> wrote:
    > Is there any easy way to do this? Some of the discs I have being ripping
    > have annoying unskippable crap at the start, and normally I leave it
    > there since it becomes skippable, but the last disc I did had over 400
    > megs of it dedicated to about 6 different language versions of "you
    > wouldnt steal a car" about 4 times when looking thru the list in dvd
    > shrink, I chose to replace them with a still, but its still a PITA.
    >
    > Ideally I would want to keep the scene selection menus, and all the
    > chapter marks in the main movie, but I don't seem to be able to do this
    > in dvd shrink, any other programs that can do it?

    ratDVD?

    JohnO, Jun 28, 2007
  6. Richard

    neutrino Guest